All CAN Devices Stopped Working

Hi everyone,
Everything on our can bus stopped working today. Everything worked roughly 2 hours ago when we were testing our bot, but now we get no connection with anything on the can bus. The bus is complete; all the Victor SPXs are blinking orange. I tried running phoenix tuner (connected to the RIO over USB), but it fails: Is Diagnostic Server Installed and RIO boot complete? Connecting to We tried updating the RIO but that didn’t work either. Here’s the full log from the tuner:

Connecting to roboRIO... (03/06/2020 4:10 PM)
Connected sucessfully.
Writing files...
Written file: /home/lvuser/PhoenixDiagnosticsProgram (PhoenixDiagnosticsProgram)
Written file: /tmp/frcdebug (frcdebug)
Written file: /home/lvuser/robotDebugCommand (robotDebugCommand)
Starting Temporary Diagnostics Server
. /etc/profile.d/; /usr/local/frc/bin/ -t 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser
Updating File Write Permissions
Syncing filesystem to ensure files are on the flash
Starting Temporary Diagnostics Server
. /etc/profile.d/; /usr/local/frc/bin/ -t -r 2> /dev/null @ /home/lvuser

Duration: 00:00:04.31

Looks like you are deploying the temporary diag server. Which is fine, although if you have a deployed app you shouldn’t need to.

Please confirm the version of Phoenix you are using (particulary that you are not using the kickoff version)

This sounds specifically like the roboRIO’s CAN connector is not connected to the rest of the devices.
I would start there after confirming you are using a recent version of Phoenix.

1 Like

Yep, apparently there was a loose connection. Thank you so much

Nevermind, identical issue. Phoenix tuner is the newest version as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.