Alternate Field Uses

Posted by Jon.

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 1/22/2000 9:35 AM MST

here’s one for the fun of it…
what are some other non-first related uses for the goal stucture?
we’ve (team 190) got some… now where is that digicam…

Posted by Daniel.

Coach on team #483, BORG, from Berkeley High School and NASA Ames & UC Berkeley.

Posted on 1/22/2000 12:28 PM MST

In Reply to: Alternate Field Uses posted by Jon on 1/22/2000 9:35 AM MST:

What are some non-first related uses for the controls system?

I’ll get us started:

Our teacher advisor was away on a ski trip for the end of the three day weekend, so we weren’t going to be able to work until 4:00pm on monday. This wasn’t good enough for us. We rigged up the control system with a seat track so that the seat track pulled a rope that pulled the top of a c-clamp (makeshift lever) tightened on to the doorknob. The next morning we came up with the operator station and a 9v and watched that sucker open up our door for us. :wink:

Posted by Russell Pauley.

Coach on team #344 from Phoebus High School.

Posted on 1/23/2000 8:15 PM MST

In Reply to: alternate controls system uses posted by Daniel on 1/22/2000 12:28 PM MST:

: What are some non-first related uses for the controls system?

: I’ll get us started:

: Our teacher advisor was away on a ski trip for the end of the three day weekend, so we weren’t going to be able to work until 4:00pm on monday. This wasn’t good enough for us. We rigged up the control system with a seat track so that the seat track pulled a rope that pulled the top of a c-clamp (makeshift lever) tightened on to the doorknob. The next morning we came up with the operator station and a 9v and watched that sucker open up our door for us. :wink:

LOL that is great.

Posted by Patrick Seeney.

Student on team #469, Las Guerrillas, from Oakland Robotics and Lawrence Technological University.

Posted on 1/24/2000 11:57 AM MST

In Reply to: alternate controls system uses posted by Daniel on 1/22/2000 12:28 PM MST:

: What are some non-first related uses for the controls system?

: I’ll get us started:

: Our teacher advisor was away on a ski trip for the end of the three day weekend, so we weren’t going to be able to work until 4:00pm on monday. This wasn’t good enough for us. We rigged up the control system with a seat track so that the seat track pulled a rope that pulled the top of a c-clamp (makeshift lever) tightened on to the doorknob. The next morning we came up with the operator station and a 9v and watched that sucker open up our door for us. :wink:

Now that is what I call creative engineering…
Pat

Posted by Justin.

Other on team Blue Lightning Alum from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted on 1/29/2000 2:47 PM MST

In Reply to: Alternate Field Uses posted by Jon on 1/22/2000 9:35 AM MST:

Hmmm…well the 1998 year we had some team members that use to like pole-dancing on the field…which was kinda amusing…there’s a lot of pipe thise year…

-Justin