Amazed...

Posted by john at 04/11/2001 10:02 AM EST

Other on team - from - sponsored by spectator.

this is my first year as a spectator or even hearing of first and i am amazed at what i saw… i saw the young adults that would soon be taking my place at NASA. i went and saw my hometown team 21 and was in total shock, i had no clue the kids in my town were so capable and i wondered why i hadnt heard off all this before. Some of the idea portrayed through thier machine left me speechless, i want to congratulate them and all the teams for an amaxing exsperience!

Posted by Matt Ryan at 04/11/2001 8:46 PM EST

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and Gillette.

In Reply to: Amazed…
Posted by john on 04/11/2001 10:02 AM EST:

The reason you really didn’t hear of FIRST is because the media really doesn’t give it any coverage. Its not “ground-breaking” (which it IS), its not “exciting” (we ALL KNOW differently), it doesn’t involve “violence” (so what??? isn’t violence a BAD thing???), etc.

Oh wait, not to mention, they might find it a bit “nerdy” (time to get out the tanks, they’ve just TOTALLY ticked me off…if they ever said that, that is).

: this is my first year as a spectator or even hearing of first and i am amazed at what i saw… i saw the young adults that would soon be taking my place at NASA. i went and saw my hometown team 21 and was in total shock, i had no clue the kids in my town were so capable and i wondered why i hadnt heard off all this before. Some of the idea portrayed through thier machine left me speechless, i want to congratulate them and all the teams for an amaxing exsperience!