analog breakout wiring

I’ve read through “Set Up Control System.pdf” and “Analog_Breakout.pdf” and am still having trouble understanding how to wire the analog breakout board.

Set Up says to “Connect J3 to the Power Distribution Board using a 20A Circuit” but the markings on the board seem to indicate that J3 is where the “Battery Selection Jumper” is supposed to go.

Or if J3 is just that one pin at the right of the 3 on the end, am I supposed to connect it to (+) or (-) ?

The connector labeled J4 looks more like where power should be connected, but Set Up mentions nothing about it.

It seems like AI8 should be where the input to measure should go (this is all so that we can measure the battery voltate, right?) but nothing mentions that either.

Anyone have a better description of how to wire this?

Thanks!

OK, I don’t have an analog board in front of me, but I know that the Analog_breakout.pdf on the KOP refers to last years’ board, so maybe the labeling of the pins has changed. Let’s see if we can clear this up.

If you’re looking at the analog breakout so that the silkscreen writing on the blue cover is facing you and the DB25 connector is facing down, you have from the left:

3 exposed pins, presumably labeled J4. Jumper the left and middle pins to enable battery monitoring. Jumper the middle and right pins to disable battery monitoring and enable analog input 8. Do not connect power to any of these pins.

8 sets of three pins protected behind the blue shield, labeled J2. These are your 8 analog inputs. Input number 8 (the left-most one) is not available for use when the battery-monitor jumper is connected between the left-most two pins of J4.

2 pins inside a grey Wago connector, this is J3. Use a small Wago connector to supply power from the PD board to these pins, they are labeled for polarity.

Hope this helps!

Very helpful, thank you.

> 3 exposed pins, presumably labeled J4. Jumper
> the left and middle pins to enable battery monitoring.

These are actually labeled J3. Now you see my confusion.

> Jumper the middle and right pins to disable
> battery monitoring and enable analog input 8. Do
> not connect power to any of these pins.

Ok, now that makes sense.

> 2 pins inside a grey Wago connector, this is J3.

Labeled J4.

> Use a small Wago connector to supply power from
> the PD board to these pins, they are labeled for
> polarity.

Right. It’s also labeled “power” so that makes sense.

Thanks again for your help. I think I’ve got it now!