Andy Mark RCU Questions!!

We are considering buying the Andy Mark RCU for last years bot. But, we don’t know what we need (beside the Remote Controller and receiver), the final price, and how to wire this setup. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Taggerun
P.S. A wiring diagram of the system would be great. We are using two drive CIMs.

Hi!

This bundle has all the electronics to run two motors. You can crib off that to determine what you’re missing–if you’ve got motor controllers or breakers or a spare Power Distribution Panel, obviously you don’t need the ones there.

As for wiring, you’ll take the PWM cable from that bundle (or a sacrificial one in your own pile) and hook it to the 12V-5V converter for powering the receiver. You’ll then plug the PWM cables into the appropriate output ports for tank steering. (Which axis is which output is printed on the sticker on the radio; 3 is the left stick, 2 is the right stick.) It is possible to get arcade working with a mixer for aircraft (I ran it on my Fight Night robot), but you may have to spend some time playing with output polarity to get it working the way you want.

(Full disclosure of the probably-obvious: I work at AndyMark.)

Ok but how do I connect the PWM into the converter? How do I connect the electronics on the PDP/are they side by side or across from each other? Last thing, I plug our motor controller into the Receiver correct?
Thanks,
Taggerun

Can I use a cRIO PDP or do I have to use the gang fuse block? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Taggerun

The blue PDP will work fine (and it already had a 5v line for the radio).

I’ve attached a wiring diagram for what you’re describing. It seems you want to drive 2 cim motors with a radio control unit. Since you already have a blue power distribution this is fairly easy. The 2 powers wires (side by side) go out of the blue power distribution into the motor controller. The pwm wire from the motor controller goes into the radio control receiver (ground side away from the antenna). 2 wires need to go from the 5v portion of the blue power distribution to the center (+) and right(-) pins of the receiver (labeled bat). Make sure the fuses and battery are plugged in and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Taggerun