We are pleased to announce the return of Adopt an Engineer for the 2020 FIRST Robotics Competition Season game, INFINITE RECHARGE.
There are many reasons, from inclement weather to temporal, physical, financial, and mental resources, as to why a team may not have been able to complete their robot by their first competition. All teams are encouraged to share the challenges they ran up against this season that lead them to have an incomplete or less-than-functional robot, and we would like to come and work with at least one lucky team to get you up and competing at your event. If you apply, your team may be selected to welcome one of our Engineers into your robot family for a competition weekend.
Who is this contest open to?
Based upon our Engineering Team’s availability, this contest is open to teams in need competing during weeks 2 and 5 of the 2020 Infinite Recharge Season .
How do I apply?
A link to apply will be posted in this thread, and updated here. We will accept applications starting today, Thursday, February 13. The deadline for teams who are seeking assistance is at Noon EST on February 20.
The application must submitted by an adult mentor/coach/teacher on the team.
- An opportunity to have an AndyMark Engineer be a part of your team for the weekend, in the pits working on your robot with you
- An opportunity to learn from an industry professional
- An avenue to get to know the AndyMark Mechanical and Software Engineers who design our products. Make our Engineer a true part of your team for the weekend!
- A fun and educational experience!
- An actual chance to adopt Andy Baker for a weekend - seriously!
This is NOT:
- A free chaperone for the weekend
- A guarantee to make your robot win the competition - We will do our best to work with you such that your robot operates to the best of its ability
Good luck, teams!