AndyMark Winter 2019/2020 Product Launch - December 4th 2019

All,

AndyMark is proud to announce yet another product unveiling taking place on December 4th, 2019!

We’ll be launching over 70 new parts and components tailored to FIRST Robotics Competition teams! We’ve worked hard on products that are useful and valuable to all teams. We’re excited for you to see some of our newest creations.

What products do you think we’re going to unveil?

See you soon,
-Nick

15 Likes

45 Likes

Boiled Fuel.
Fuel stew.
Fuel gumbo.
Fried Fuel.

62 Likes

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?

16 Likes

I’ve had first Fuel but I haven’t had second Fuel yet or elevenses.

13 Likes

Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. Fuel-kabobs, fuel creole…

3 Likes

giphy%20(26)

19 Likes

Will they be in stock December 4th?

2 Likes

The majority of products we’re unveiling will either be in stock on December 4th, or very soon after.

4 Likes

Product releases in October and then again in December? A person could get used to this!

4 Likes

Not ANOTHER brushless motor?

2 Likes

These fuel go to…!image

6 Likes

(not so) Crazy Idea: AM should just rebrand a ton of those $20 “80A” HobbyKing brushless controllers and get HQ to approve them. I wanna see some real competition here.

Edit: to be clear, competition to the SparkMAX for smaller brushless motors.

8 Likes

I wish vendors would do all their new product launches by mid November. First week of December is often too late to make use of certain funding opportunities.

6 Likes

NIDEC RedLine confirmed.

11 Likes

Anybody else want to go raid their headquarters

2 Likes

@Nick_Lawrence has a restraining order against me so I can’t legally go within 100ft of it…

5 Likes

Not to derail this thread (if it does @Karthik please split it off), but I need to make sure others reading this know this is a really bad idea for the brushless motors we are currently using in FRC. Any of these 80A or lower controllers from Hobby King will last one match, at best. They cannot support the burst current of the NEO or the Falcon 500. Not even close. This doesn’t bring competition to the market; it just adds a product that can’t meet the rigors of FRC. We have had plenty of those products come and go. FRC is a niche market and, unfortunately, niche markets don’t always get the benefit of expanded competition like mass markets do.

7 Likes

I was referring more to something to support smaller brushless motors, like the NEO550 (MiniNEO), which is right around the size the hobby market focuses on price optimizing. I’d also be very wary of putting some of the less expensive controllers into a drivetrain, but $75 for the SparkMAX looks a little bit silly to run an estimated 200w motor.

Some do claim to be rated to 100A burst, but RC and FRC “burst” current situations can be very different. The main issue with taking something from the hobby market is converting the marketing speak into FRC terminology and confirming with more rigorous testing. Even with this, I don’t see how a $30 sensorless controller for the NEO550 and similar couldn’t happen. AM seems like they would be the most likely to make this work between HQ and testing, and they don’t have their own brushless product currently.

3 Likes

The name “Nidec” has rightfully turned into a joke in FRC circles, but I wonder what they could pull off if they worked with a company like AndyMark to get a better idea of what the FRC community needs and wants for brushless motors, especially since I assume they’re sitting on a bunch they could rebrand and slightly modify for FRC use.

2 Likes