animation music

does ne one have any good music or robot pics for 3ds max 4.2

don’t you have v.5 of 3ds max?

make your own music! get some freeware loops if anything and mix it up in something like Sonic Foundry ACID…

*jeremy

yes i do but it is on our laptop and we just want to use our pc

*Originally posted by linkin48603 *
**yes i do but it is on our laptop and we just want to use our pc **

Burn ACID or whatever you got on your laptop onto a CD-Burner (I’m assuming you have one), and put it on your PC.

ok ill try that i do have a cd burner. do u have any music files that i could check out some

I have used ACID software in an extra-credit song…the song I made (along with mikeL 177) shows how different themes can be used within a song, even though one or two verses were written by us. ACID is a very versatile program and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to “write” their own music. it’s more compiling than anything. good luck! :smiley:

*Originally posted by linkin48603 *
**ok ill try that i do have a cd burner. do u have any music files that i could check out some **

Depends on what type you are looking for. Search for “Garnet Theme” on a file-sharing program like KazAa if you you want a melodic theme.

<edit>It’s also really soothing on a stressful day</edit>

Are you allowed to just use a piece of music unchanged, that was made by someone else?

*Originally posted by Dragon45 *
**Are you allowed to just use a piece of music unchanged, that was made by someone else? **

If you have permission by the author, and/or you give credit to him/her. You should contact the author before trying that.

Something about Animation music comes up every year, and well here’s what I’ve taken from it all. Making/remixing/whatevering your own music is the best way to go… our team didn’t do that, but I think it’s okay to use copyrighted music as long as you give credit to the Artist and Record Company at some point… and really, are they going to notice? :rolleyes:

the record company might not notice you used their music…but FIRST might. and they could DQ you from the competition (they wouldn’t want to put it on a DVD/CD compilation like they do every year then the record company sues them for theft of intellectual property, copyright violations, and a slew of other things)…

*jeremy

hey. if you’re thinking about using ACID to make your music, you should use a search engine like google to search for free loops. most sites will either offer subscriptions to daily free loop thingies, or will give you sample loops. that’s how i got most of mine. also, i’m not sure how much it is, but you can buy cds of loops from Sonic Foundry. Another thing: if you go to www.acidplanet.com you might find some good music without having to make anything. acidplanet is a site where acid users go to post their music. if you found something you liked, all you’d have to do is contact the creator and get their permission. it’s a lot easier than talking to a record company. my suggestion: just use ACID and some sample loops to make the music. you don’t need that many for a 30 second animation. i did some 5 or 6 second tracks for intro animations for a guy on my team, and i really didnt use that many loops. maybe 15 total. beware though: acid can blur your video. i’m not sure if there’s a way to fix this, i’m sure there is, but i didn’t really care, seeing as this was a tiny clip and i’d never used acid for video before. well, let me know what you think of it, it’s a very useful tool.

We found some great loops on Pocketfuel.com . You have to subscribe to it to get the loops but it’s free.
You can also go to Sonic Foundry and get a free version of Acid Express to use. You cannot save what you record as a wav. file but they can be saved as MP3s which can be used in Adobe Premire.
Good luck.:slight_smile:

to my knowledge copyrihted music is prohibited. Now the rules o not officailly say so…but in the past coulpe of years it’s been pretty obvious that no winners have had copyrighted music…anyne else notice that. So if you want to run the risk of getting DQ’d then use copyrighted music…but making your own is the best and safest way to go.

*Originally posted by Jeremy_Mc *
**the record company might not notice you used their music…but FIRST might. and they could DQ you from the competition (they wouldn’t want to put it on a DVD/CD compilation like they do every year then the record company sues them for theft of intellectual property, copyright violations, and a slew of other things)…

*jeremy **

You’re right, but I could go back and find a few teams last year that used some copyrighted material… my point is, they usually won’t notice. Just to be on the safe side, use your own music people.

Also, Question!:yikes: - Say I want to put a classical song in the animation. Being in the orchestra I have a copy that we (our school) played. Since we purchased the score to this music, wouldn’t it be okay to use our performance of the song for any reason except making a profit?

And where can I get this Acid program you speak of? :confused:

*Originally posted by AnimeRaul234 *
Also, Question!:yikes: - Say I want to put a classical song in the animation. Being in the orchestra I have a copy that we (our school) played. Since we purchased the score to this music, wouldn’t it be okay to use our performance of the song for any reason except making a profit?

And where can I get this Acid program you speak of? :confused: **

As long as you have permission (or are the original author, in which case you basically are), then you are allowed. Acid can be found at http://www.acid.com (if not there, download from http://www.downloads.com

**You’re right, but I could go back and find a few teams last year that used some copyrighted material… my point is, they usually won’t notice. Just to be on the safe side, use your own music people.

And where can I get this Acid program you speak of? :confused: **

We used classical music loops to make the music for our opening museam scene in last year’s animation. There’s not much variety in classical music loops though. Most loops are drum based and lean more towards techno and hip-hop. Some rock ones as well.

I’m not necessarily talking about using Classical Loops on acid… I mean just like parts from actual classical music by some pretty distinguished composers… but performed by the school I go to…

**I’m not necessarily talking about using Classical Loops on acid… I mean just like parts from actual classical music by some pretty distinguished composers… but performed by the school I go to… **

Well that depends on the level of skill of your schoolmates and what will sound good as a thrity second sound bite. Do remember that those classical music pieces are copyrighted.