Anime Lovers!

hello all you anime freaks. i just wanted to see how many people like anime. i reeeeeeeeally love it. i’ve read a couple of series like:
chobits
sorceror hunters
kare kano
Rayearth magic knights
tokyo mew mew :slight_smile:

and am still in the middle of the dragon ball series and the ragnarok series. OH yeah! i started the tenchi series up to volume 4 and got way too bored.

what about you guys?

chobits
trigun
cowboy bebop
Big O
inuyasha

what’s big o about?

:: points to this awesome thread made by moi ::

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4488

:wink:

A girl in my hometown is extrememly skilled at drawing anime (not just DBZ). She has had offers from video game companies and various others. here’s the link

sorry, i didn’t see it. well, the more about anime the better! that girl draws so well! did she take any of the offers? did anyone read di gi charat or something like that? i wanted to see what it’s about, i like the cat ears! :slight_smile:

oh! i was meaning to ask someone… has anyone seen noir or trigun? i usually don’t like guns in anime… it seems too cheesy after so much of it. but everyone says trigun is so great and everything. it makes it so appealing.

*Originally posted by codeoftherobot *
**A girl in my hometown is extrememly skilled at drawing anime (not just DBZ). She has had offers from video game companies and various others. here’s the link **

There was a guy in my Spanish class a few years ago that was good at drawing anime, but he was nowhere near this good! I’m not that big on anime, myself, but that stuff is great! Tell her I’m impressed.

*Originally posted by Jeff Waegelin *
**There was a guy in my Spanish class a few years ago that was good at drawing anime, but he was nowhere near this good! I’m not that big on anime, myself, but that stuff is great! Tell her I’m impressed. **
Oh I don’t know her. She was just featured in a newspaper article about 3 years ago in my local paper. I was cleaning out my closet when I found the article. Right now from what I can tell she goes to the local state college and is doing fairly well. You can read her bio on the website. She has a lot more than what is displayed on the site, a lot more

*Originally posted by codeoftherobot *
**A girl in my hometown is extrememly skilled at drawing anime (not just DBZ). She has had offers from video game companies and various others. here’s the link **

Me and anime: I’m not really into it, but almost my whole school is into Anime (it scares me sometimes).

My friend can draw excellent anime (also not just DBZ). She’s very talented, and at the art show this year, our principal bought a drawing from her…very impressive IMHO. If she gives me the link to her site (not many, if at all anymore drawings on there anymore), I’ll post it here.

I personally think anime is overrated. Don’t get me wrong here and think that I mean anime is bad. What I’m saying is that while the world is going all Japanophile on us, other unique styles are being overlooked and snuffed out by people emmulating the style of DBZ and Cowboy Bebop. It’s ok, folks, but lets try to be original in our art and get some variety in our entertainment.

BUT! I do have a link to contribute. She hasn’t posted anything new to her account on deviantART, but I knew her from art class. She has the best style of anime I have ever seen. This is her site.

i completely agree… the phase with americanized anime is overrated. but when you look deep into the other anime that is in manga and isn’t popular to 11 to 12 year old kids, it’s great. i’ve been drawing for quite a bit and i’m not even close to these people. it takes skill. i think it’s that i can actually find a good fantasy story in manga and stuff rather than rugrats and courage the cowardly dog and stuff. it seems that the artists took more effort. don’t take this wrong… other artists have TONS of talent. man, i wish i rocked at drawing.

but when you look deep into the other anime that is in manga and isn’t popular to 11 to 12 year old kids, it’s great.

What is even more funnier is that they try and get 11 to 12 year old kids to see anime that they really shouln’t. Yugioh has been edited beyond belief. They removed the guns, changed a few monsters (understandable) to remove and risque looks, and took out almost every single mention of death. The magna is much better.

i think it’s that i can actually find a good fantasy story in manga and stuff rather than rugrats and courage the cowardly dog and stuff.

Hey I like courage the cowardly dog. That cartoon is very cool and abstract. Samurai Jack is also a very good non anime cartoon. It has good plot lines.

I like anime pretty good. Currently I’m into Gundam (08th MS & Wing, NOT G Gundam), Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and I’ve been trying to watch Trigun, but if you miss one episode of that you get really mixed up…and I am currently really mixed up with it. Any of you Gundam fans…GO GOUF!!! (I know, its not a gundam, but its an awesome looking Mobile Suit!)

*Originally posted by Nelly51987 *
**i completely agree… the phase with americanized anime is overrated. but when you look deep into the other anime that is in manga and isn’t popular to 11 to 12 year old kids, it’s great. i’ve been drawing for quite a bit and i’m not even close to these people. it takes skill. … don’t take this wrong… other artists have TONS of talent. man, i wish i rocked at drawing. **

may i simply say ‘ditto’?
I draw, more than anime, but that is what
I think really started me off getting good, you know… drawing pokemon for the neighborhood kids…:o
but it had to be done, I must say that it’s great practice, and that you don’t really have to stay to the DBZ look or any of the such, if you really look at the different anime, they are rather different in styles.
DBZ characters have sharp lines, bright ‘glowing’ colors;
G-wing have more curves to the characters faces with a darker colors;
so on so forth…
the whole point is to make it you’re own, just like any other form of art,
but jeez, that first link put on this thread blew me away! wow, that would be one of my goals in drawing. Although the shadings of Leonardo da Vinci the softness of Holbein etc. i could go on
I guess what I mean to say is that you have to find the beauty in all differnet forms of art … though modern art kinda scares me…
aaaaaaanyway, i went soo off topic…
:o sorry
I don’t really read anime as of now, But It’s some thing I would very much like to.

I forgot to post this before, but, one of my friends Jonathan Minor (he’s on chief delphi too) does a lot of anime-like drawings. I personally think he is a really good artist, and he draws some really neat stuff.

You can find his artwork here…
http://spider-punk.deviantart.com

that’s pretty cool… i should make a website. i wish i could post a pic of what i drew but i’m really dumb with computers, honestly.

*Originally posted by Nelly51987 *
**that’s pretty cool… i should make a website. i wish i could post a pic of what i drew but i’m really dumb with computers, honestly. **

All you need is a scanner, and MAYBE a website (if you don’t want to use up 47’s bandwidth). Just scan, and attatch it (lil’ attatchment thing just above the “Post” button).

*Originally posted by Raven_Writer *
** and MAYBE a website (if you don’t want to use up 47’s bandwidth). **

yes, please.

completely agree… the phase with americanized anime is overrated. but when you look deep into the other anime that is in manga and isn’t popular to 11 to 12 year old kids, it’s great. i’ve been drawing for quite a bit and i’m not even close to these people. it takes skill. … don’t take this wrong… other artists have TONS of talent. man, i wish i rocked at drawing.

Actually it works both ways. There have been shows in America which have become greatly popular in Japan.

Yeah… I’ll post some of my love for anime now… I’m not into it as much as I used to be, but I still have a passion for it. DBZ, Gundam and Gundam Wing, Blue Gender, Lupin III, Kikaider is awesome… just recently saw that on Adult Swim, but my friends the one that tops the anime AND manga cake is a little thing called

**ONE PIECE**

One Piece is just the greatest anime/manga I have ever seen. Flat out, straight up, a masterpiece. Oda (the creator) is a genius. It should be coming to America soon but as of now it’s hard to find. The 1st volume manga should be printed soon by Viz. For more info on One Piece check the best site ever - http://www.ultimatedbzinfo.com/luffycrew.html

Find One Piece if you can, and if you can’t IM me and I can hook you up… It’s really something you don’t want to miss.