Announcing BattleCry@WPI 8!

Mark your calendars for the 8th annual BattleCry!! This year will again be a 48-team, 2-day event at WPI. The date is Fri/Sat, 15-16 Jun. Registration opens online (www.wpi.edu/+battlecry) precisely at 0800EDT on 1 May (Tue). Be sure to register early, prior years have filled to capacity within 30 minutes of registration opening. Your $350 registration gets you all the normal BattleCry goodies:

• Friday night team social (free bowling, vex, CRUD, DDR, [comedy show?], etc)
  • 10 free BC commerative color t-shirts
  • 10 free Fri barbecue meals
  • 10 free Fri evening ice cream social tickets
  • 10 free Sat lunches
  • Commerative, custom participation medal
  • and, enough confetti to make up for the lack of any at the Championship!

It also gets you into both the Fri and Sat special mini-robot and human player games and guarantees your team’s entry into the elimination rounds (16 final alliances instead of 8). As usual, low cost on-campus dorm space is available for over-nighting as well as reduced fare local hotels. Expect some special guest appearances as well as some potential forthcoming game changes… More info can be found at www.wpi.edu/+battlecry and you can watch last year’s match results and video.

Be sure to check out last year’s wrap video for “the best event of the year” at, immediately following the announcement of the winning alliance: Saturday Final Match/Wrap Video/Awards

Also view opening videos and human player and driver skills challenges:

If you wish to volunteer, please contact us at [email protected], it helps us to better plan accordingly than if you just show up!

-Chris
BattleCry Production Manager
CRUD Name, Weiner

Hopefully I’ll be able to make it down from the middle-of-nowhere to go to BattleCry this year. Last year’s competition was incredibly intense, and with at least two National Champion robots likely to be there, this year should be even better. I can’t wait to see what teams sign up when registration goes live next week.

For those of you that don’t know what CRUD is…it can only be described as fast paced and fun. I just wish I remembered my CRUD name:confused:

Looking forward to BC8…

If there’s any interest in having a NEMO (Non-Engineering Mentor Organization) meeting at BattleCry, please contact me. If I get enough people interested I will try to arrange a meeting during Saturday.

Team 177 will be back at battlecry to reunite with their championship partners, 190! Cant wait to see everyone.

In my opinion, Battlecry is one of the best-run off season events. WPI and 190 do a great job hosting, I cant wait!

228 will be back this year for yet another wicked awesome BattleCry@ WPI competition! Our team always looks forward to this event, as Kim said, it is one of the best competitions of the year. With their annual twist to the game, their proposed change would be an awesome addition to the game, much as the "pendulum" was at last year's event! :stuck_out_tongue:

In case anyone is interested…

About the game: Crud (game) - Wikipedia
And a video of some intense CRUD action: CRUD

Any word on the registration form? It still says Stand By.

CRUD is pretty sweet, but I like Grady’s games better.

Been going to the Event since it started, can’t wait to see what twists kenny and the staff put on this years game. Any word if Rick will be involved this year?

All I have to say, is that if you liked FIRST Feud, and FIRST Jeopardy…this years gameshow is going to blow your mind.

Boy wait til you see what we have in store for you!

Without a doubt, this years Battlecry will be one you DO NOT want to miss.

What about the teams (like us) that filled out the survey last year? I know we should be able to register starting 2 days ago, but this is the first notice I’ve seen about BattleCry. In the past years, I’ve received the email announcing it, but I have not received anything.

There was an issue last year after submitting the online form where it just displayed an error. But after sending a message to WPI, I got a reply from the BattleCry staff that they did receive the info.

I hope the message is just delayed… I don’t want to miss out opportunity to register! We’re 7 year BC@WPI veterans, and don’t to miss out on the 8th!

You should come check out the beantown blitz…:rolleyes:

We are looking forward to registering (I still do not see the forms).

This will be our 8th BattleCry!

If any team near Windsor Locks CT is interested in sharing a ride we are booking a bus to take the bulk of our team Saturday Morning. Its a big bus and may have as many as 30 extra seats. You can contact me at [email protected]

BC7 veterans, do not fret! There were some unfortunate delays in getting the early-registration form up, but it should be online shortly. All of the teams that qualify for early-reg should receive an email from BattleCry Ops once everything is fully verified.

As Andy has mentioned, you certainly won’t want to miss this year’s event!

We are trying to get our costs figured for this event…
Does anyone have an estimate for the price of the dorm rooms?

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS EVENT!!!

This is my favorite FIRST event out of all of the ones I have been to. The atmosphere there is so energetic, not to mention the relaxed feeling in the pit not having to worry about inspections :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope to see you all there!
Jacob

This information is not 100% confirmed, but this is the last I heard: there are a block of rooms that will be available at the Crown Plaza Hotel for $99/night (2 double beds), and the dorms will be $48/night for a single and $54/night for a double. The website will be updated to reflect the true costs once everything is fully confirmed.

Great - that gives us a good ballpark.

They should make it $47 a night :stuck_out_tongue:

Jacob

Don’t forget, registration opens tomorrow morning at 0800 EDT!

I just noticed last year’s history page on the BattleCry website doesn’t have any of the awards or Finals info. Also I’d love to have video of the final match of the finals if its available.