Announcing Kraken X60 powered by Talon FX!

WestCoast Products & CTR Electronics are excited to launch the Kraken X60, powered by Talon FX.

The Kraken X60 is a 60mm diameter brushless motor developed by WestCoast Products. Some of the Kraken X60 features include:

• 1100+W peak power*
  • 87% max efficiency (@30A)*
  • 7+Nm stall torque*
  • 2.37” (60mm) diameter
  • 2.96” (75mm) long w/ Talon FX integrated on back
  • 8mm OD spline shaft that fits in off the shelf bearings
  • Non-replaceable motor shaft
  • All-match Thermal Performance

*= Using trapezoidal commutation

The TalonFX is the latest motor controller technology from CTR Electronics, and is compatible with the CTR software and hardware ecosystem.

To learn more about the Kraken X60, powered by Talon FX, visit the WCP and CTR website. More information can be found on the introduction and detailed gitbooks pages.

Other announcements and notes:

• Products sold by WCP will be available through CTR and vice versa. This includes current and new products being released in 2023-2024!
  • SplineXS is a new shaft requiring new hardware. With any purchase of 4+ motors, customers can use the coupon code “Kraken30” to get 30% off of all SplineXS gears, pulleys, sprockets and spline adapters until December 30th, 2023.
  • WCP will be releasing testing/motor demonstration videos starting next week!

We really appreciate all our customers over the years. This is a very exciting milestone for our company and we strive to provide the best product possible.

-RC

164 Likes

WCP keeps on cookin’.

Insane power output and a focus on QC? I think I’m in love :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

Why are you blue

5 Likes

Can we get the motor logo as a sticker please?

13 Likes

57 Likes

I’ll be waiting

In all seriousness, love this.

5 Likes

32 Likes

get em while you can because they’ll probably be gone in a matter of seconds :joy:

2 Likes

Can’t tell from the current product pages and renders, are the power wires on these integrated, or user replaceable via some sort of wago-style connector?

Edit: Nevermind, this page just went live on the CTRE site

7 Likes

RC at 8am PT 10/12/23

32 Likes

So, it’s a Falcon with a different manufacturer under a different name?

The business model still seems to demand that consumers throw out the $150 motor controller if the $50 motor fails…

12 Likes

Me after placing that order

47 Likes

It’s 1405 with FOC :sob:

6 Likes

Every single Talon FX PCB assembly is built on the electronics production line at the CTR Electronics HQ in Macomb, MI.

Additionally, CTR Electronics added an automated robotic assembly line at their HQ. This line will be used for final integration of the Talon FX and Kraken X60, ensuring quality and consistency during critical steps in the manufacturing process.

Furthermore, 100% of these units go through final QA testing and validation in Michigan before being shipped to customers

:heart: :heart: :heart:

39 Likes

(Update: he has cooked the battery)

24 Likes

Eh. With one vendor you have to throw out the motor controller if the motor fails. With the other, you might have to throw away 2 motor controllers if the motor fails. Same boat in my book.

5 Likes

36 Likes

400W at peak efficiency and 1400W peak with FOC :exploding_head:

5 Likes

aaaand now we’re broke again.

But for real, super excited to see something new on the market and can’t wait to get our hands on some.

12 Likes

Do these fit on the MK4i modules?

4 Likes