Announcing TimeTracker

TimeTracker is a project I’ve been working on for a few weeks now. TimeTracker is meant to run as either a console or a web server, and it helps you keep track of members signing in and out.

The design motivation is to introduce efficiency to team hours tracking. This serves as a solution to the start of the meeting where everyone crowds around a singular sheet of paper to sign in, then one of the mentors enters all of the data into a spreadsheet and manually calculates hours. This solution works, but we could improve the situation so much.

TimeTracker will take in a user ID and mark them as signed in. When they leave, either they can sign themselves out at any time, or a preconfigured code can be entered that signs out all currently signed in members. This further reduces time spent logging hours, because everyone gets automatically signed out with a single code entry.

And as far as calculating whether or not someone has made hours? That’s no longer necessary. TimeTracker includes a report system where you can see not only a raw report of how much time they’ve been there, but if configured, a column that specifies whether or not they have made hours at a glance.

I hope you find this project helpful for your team, and please reach out to me with any questions/feedback/constructive criticism.

5 Likes

Any chance we could seem some screenshots?

1 Like

These are the main interfaces. Let me know if you want to see any more screenshots, but there’s not really anything else to do

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.