Annual RobotPy porting effort -- help wanted!

Every year RobotPy needs people to help porting the new WPILib changes over to Python. It would be great if you could help, I won’t be able to do this by myself every year.

For more information and to help out, please comment on the github issue @ https://github.com/robotpy/robotpy-wpilib/issues/208

My Python skills aren’t yet up to the challenge, but I hope you get the help you need. I’m a big fan of soft learning curves, and Python could make teaching new students to program robots much easier. Hopefully FIRST adopts your work as a native platform some day!

Ordinarily, I would be all over this. I’ve been pushing our team to switch to Python and I’ve been writing tools and applications in Python for FRC throughout the year.

However, I’m going through major life event (moving across the country) over the holidays and I don’t want to commit to something that I cannot guarantee that I can do.

I can probably do small stuff like simulator testing and some small porting work, but no big tasks.

The port gets completed one small file at a time. :slight_smile:

Sure. Sign me up. With my move, I’ll be stuck in the simulation realm through build season.