Anti-V Day

I believe that this so called holiday should not exist. it is just an example for ppl to see that they are not loved. i think that everyone that enjoys this should DIE!!! just my thought. thank you.

Calm down a little. Think of how much worse it could be: Valentine’s Day (or V.D., as I like to put it) could be a national holiday, with a day off. THAT would be insulting. As it is, it’s really no worse than a couple celebrating their anniversary. Remember, noone’s forcing you to comply, or feel happy, and eveyone else has a right to express their joy that they have encountered love.

When one of these encumbered people corners you and gushes mushy stuff, just smile, nod, and back away slowly. :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by Mike o. *
**I believe that this so called holiday should not exist. it is just an example for ppl to see that they are not loved. i think that everyone that enjoys this should DIE!!! just my thought. thank you. **

You’re setting a bad name for Team 384! And you’re not on the team anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

Calm down dude. If you should be pissed off for anything, it should be the fact that it’s a commercial holiday engineered to milk money out of people…a holiday to make people think they HAVE to buy something for their loved one. Now that’s sick.

*Originally posted by AdamT *
**Calm down dude. If you should be pissed off for anything, it should be the fact that it’s a commercial holiday engineered to milk money out of people…a holiday to make people think they HAVE to buy something for their loved one. Now that’s sick. **

Yes… exactly… it’s a large conspiracy to get people to spend their money!!! But come on… think about all of the chocolate and candy! :smiley:

But come on… think about all of the chocolate and candy!

…and all those extra pounds…
all you really need is some self-restraint

::come on self restraint… where are ya when i need ya!!!::

DUH! It’s obvious.

Valentines Day= Chocolate= Gain Weight= Need to Loose Weight= Fear of No GF or BF= Weight Watchers

So Weight Waterers is the cause of Valentines day.

*Originally posted by AdamT *
**Calm down dude. If you should be pissed off for anything, it should be the fact that it’s a commercial holiday engineered to milk money out of people…a holiday to make people think they HAVE to buy something for their loved one. Now that’s sick. **

I can’t believe people agree see V-Day the same way I do. It’s bad enough it reminds me of my unluckiness (yes, that is a word) with girls, but when you realize that it’s not even about love anymore and the corporations are milking this for everything (remember Love Day from The Simpsons?), it screws things up even more.

::goes to the corner and sits::

Is this thread only for Anti V-day discussion? Or is the opposite view allowed?

Because I have some stuff that I’d like to say.

*****This is from me, not a reflection of my team.

Valentines Day…hmmm…

definately overly commerialized…
used as a shot in the arm for sales once Chirstmas is over and spring is not for another month…

…besides if you care about/love someone why say it on ONE day of the year, you should say everytime you see,talk, etc…

chocolate …shmocolate…
this holiday is a joke and never should have been started… just like all the other useless holidays …wa have to spend money on…i’m 1/2 glad i don’t have to buy anything for a boyfriend…:slight_smile: but i regrett the fact that i don’t have one cause there’s no one out there luvin’ me…oh well… one day out o’ the week down the hole! :slight_smile: smile and shrug it off your time will come!

Well, first of all, no one made you buy anything. You choose to do it. You could just get some paper, cut/paste some good words/pictures, and be done with it. In my opnion this will mean a lot more to them than a store-bought thing.

And for all you people that are sour about V-day, BE NICE!! Your day will soon come, and you will be glad for this day…http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/ups/DeNiro/love.gif

um, when you say VD, i think of venereal disease… not exactly somthing you want on the love holiday of the year… just my thoughts

I had a bunch of stuff that I was going to say,
but I deleted it all, happy Valentine’s Day

I’m sure I wouldn’t mind it if I had someone to celebrate with, but for me it’s just an excuse to have a party in French class.

if you don’t have a significant other - tell your mother, sister, friend, dad, stranger, teacher, enemy that you love him/her. THAT my friends is the meaning of valentine’s day. if you argue it’s overcommercialization you can do the same for christmas, thanksgiving, halloween, the fourth of july, new year’s day, mother’s day, father’s day, birthdays, anniversaries, labor day, graduations, weddings, babies, etc. i’m sorry if you have no “love” this valentine’s day. i’m sorry if your feeling of unlovedness is enough to make you say that i should die…but if you really think that

BRING IT

*Originally posted by collin234 *
**if you argue it’s overcommercialization you can do the same for christmas, thanksgiving, halloween, the fourth of july, new year’s day, mother’s day, father’s day, birthdays, anniversaries, labor day, graduations, weddings, babies, etc.

Who says we don’t? And as for the “you should be nicer to those around you” thing, Valentine’s Day is for showing appreciation for those you love. If you love them, you should be thinking about them most days, (except for when you’re working on the 'bot) and shouldn’t need an annual reminder that you “love” them.

Basically, V.D. is a pointless “holiday,” because if your relationship needs it, it’s not love.

And, volleygrrl, it’s an important consideration, eh? ;)**

It’s a good excuse to start a relationship if you’re shy or unmotivated, so it’s not completely useless.