any advice?

My grandmother saved a TON of comics that were my dad’s in the 50’s (I think). She wants me to find out what they would be worth if we sold them. Any clues where I should look? They’re all catalogued and organized and in decent condition.

thanks!
Stacia

Just wait for Antiques Roadshow to come to your city!

A comic/card shop. Or you could grab a price guide at the same shop and do it yourself to avoid getting really ripped off.

Someone my wife went to high school with owns a comic book shop. E-mail me a list of the comics you have, and I’ll get you a price list (if he’s interested in buying them). Even if he doesn’t want to buy them, I’m sure he could find out what they’re worth, or maybe even someone who’d buy them.

Go to your local bookstore, they have valuing guides that should give you a general idea of how much each is worth. They are usually located in a Collector section…

You can’t think of these books like the blue book of cars, but you can get a good idea of what things are worth.

Search for some of the titles on some place like e-bay and see what other people are selling them for. Of course I think people pay too much for things on e-bay, so it might not be an accurate guide.

MissInformation

<============>
I have to admit, I’m proud I’ve never bought anything on e-bay.

*Originally posted by purpledaisy *
**My grandmother saved a TON of comics that were my dad’s in the 50’s (I think). She wants me to find out what they would be worth if we sold them. Any clues where I should look? They’re all catalogued and organized and in decent condition.

thanks!
Stacia **

My dad found a comic book in our house (litterally in our house, it was used as insulation along with other newspapers, very old house)
Anyways, I looked up the comic book online to see if I could find a price for it.
I found that comic book title, but not that particular book. I reported back to my Dad that the book before his was going for ~$3,000.00 and the one after it was going for ~$30.00
He asked me if the price was linearly set, meaning maybe that one he had was between the two other prices. I told him I had no clue.
I hate when I can’t find stuff on the internet!!!

Thank you so much! Brandon, I will email you the list once I get it typed up… which could be hard since I’ll have to decipher my grandmother’s handwriting. I really appreciate the help. i don’t know if she’d actually want to sell them, but she would want to know what they’re worth.

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much! I luv you guys!

Stacia