Any better feeds of JSC???

Posted by David Kelly at 03/16/2001 4:12 PM EST

Student on team #234, Cyber Blue, from Perry Meridian High School [IUPUI] and Rolls-Royce/NASA KSC/ NEC/ Trilithic/ Peregrine/.

Is the only live feed to the JSC Competition the one that FIRST is linked to?? It is really slow and congested. And I have a cable modem! If anybody knows of any other links, please post them!!

David Kelly
Student Captain/ Webmaster
CB Team 234

http://vanseg-1.arc.nasa.gov/firstjsc.ram

Posted by Kevin Sevcik at 03/16/2001 10:14 PM EST

Other on team #57, Leopards, from BT Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions and Exxon, Kellog Brown & Root, Powell Electrical.

In Reply to: Any better feeds of JSC???
Posted by David Kelly on 03/16/2001 4:12 PM EST:

I can tell you that’s the only feed that exists and that’s the only feed that will ever exist, cause I’m the one encoding the video. I can guaranteed you the there’s no one else on-site providing a feed.

As for the site being congested, I think you need to appreciate the enormous amount of traffic that you people generate. That’s an 80 kbps feed. If just a few hundred of you people are watching either one of the feeds, you’re getting into several Mbps of traffic. There’s only so much money that a place like NASA can spend on a webserver, you know.

Posted by Kevin Sevcik at 03/16/2001 10:31 PM EST

Other on team #57, Leopards, from BT Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions and Exxon, Kellog Brown & Root, Powell Electrical.

In Reply to: Yes, now quit whining
Posted by Kevin Sevcik on 03/16/2001 10:14 PM EST: