Any Leads? 55T x 9mm Wide Timing Belt (GT2 3mm)

Does anyone have a lead on where we could purchase this belt?

1 Like
2 Likes

Awesome thanks

2 Likes

also here 55 Tooth GT2 3mm Pitch Belt - REV Robotics for 1/2 the price.

2 Likes

We buy all our belts from Polytech Design Inc. They stock belts in MANY belt lengths, not just the standards.
polybelt.com

1 Like

Also available from vbeltguys for even cheaper (though not GT2): 165-3M-09 Synchronous Timing Belt

4 Likes

That belt is actually a 3 mm pitch HTD belt. Within that naming scheme, it appears the OP is looking for 165-3P-09 (as opposed to 165-3M-09). Bbman seems to be avoiding referencing “GT2” outright, but lists the following part numbers as equivalent: A 6R53M055090, A6R53M055090, 165-3MGT-09, 94004055, TB3EF9-55, 165-3GT-09, GBN165MR3-090. The first number in that list lead me to this SDP/SI page specfically mentioning GT2.

Anyway, a cursory search didn’t lead me to any belts cheaper than the REV Robotics ones. Royal Supply seems to have genuine Gates-brand belts on sale for $4.70 (vs $4.00 from REV), but I’d personally be inclined to support an FRC-specific vendor in this case.

That’s correct however many teams, including mine have had success using 3mm HTD belts with 3mm GT2 pulleys. As long as you aren’t pushing the torque ratings of the belts/pulleys it hasn’t been an issue for us. The majority of the belts on Spectrum robots the past few years have been from vbeltguys.

3 Likes

To echo this, I’ve found that while it may not be sound advice for non-FRC applications, I really haven’t seen issues running HTD belts on GT pulleys, at least for the 3m size. I believe we did this on our robot last year, and I’ve done it extensively for FTC.

We also aren’t exactly a team at the top of the rankings, but I file it under “stuff you can get away with for FRC.” (it has some great company like steel chain on aluminum sprockets, and printed pulleys in general)

2 Likes