Any news for teams on Championship wait list?

Just wondering if anyone on the wait list for Championships has received any notification from FIRST yet…

I’ve been wondering the same thing. The team list is down to 116 from about 150. It’s been 10 days since the payment deadline for championship teams has passed.

We did not get off the waitlist until March 11 last year.

Anyone hear about this yet? We are on the waitlist and really hoping to get to nationals… we are a 2nd year team and have never been to Nationals…

Interesting. I wonder if they will start moving people around before the Michigan State Championship and the MARS championships are completed. I would assume they probably don’t know exactly how many openins will have until those are complete in a couple weeks, but perhaps they move teams up before that.

Don’t hold your breath… We were waitlisted in spite of registering literally seconds after registration opened last year…

Although, to be fair, 1507 and especially 340 are doing their best to make sure that waitlisted teams make it…

A significant issue for the waitlist teams will be how the FiM and MAR districts will be able to backfill spots with the highest ranked teams if a winner (event or award) is already registered for Champs. I believe FiM can only backfill the 3 MSC champions not the award winners (correct me if I am wrong). I have no idea the backfill policy of MAR (I wouldn’t go by one stated in the supplemental rules). 16 MAR teams are already registered, including 3 event winner 341 (who just opened a wait list spot in Boston).