Any problems with PBASIC 2.5 Editor v2.0

Has anyone encountered problems with the PBASIC 2.5 Editor v2.0? I try to stay away from beta software, but the new editor has greatly improved syntax. Presently, I’m using the old editor.

I haven’t run into any problems with the beta editor…

We are using the new editor, because the risk of the beta software is outweighed by the new syntax. We haven’t had any problems as of yet either.

-Damian Manda

We are using the old editor, but when I tested out the new one, I didn’t see anything wrong (just the fact that there is NO syntax highlighting)

There is one nasty bug… I haven’t reported it to parallax because I’m too lazy, but whatever. When using a USB to serial converter dongle, the debug statement on the stamp causes the blue screen of death… I’d never seen XP’s version of it before I tried that. So we’ve been doing all our debugging using LEDs and the user mode! muhahahaha. Still works like a charm. DEBUG is highly overrated. Note that we were able to diagnose a really nasty bug as actually a partially-fried stamp chip, not a software problem.

Also, a very minor, more cosmetic thing relating to this is that it doesn’t detect your COM port if it doesn’t exist at the time the program starts… so much for hot-swappable USB.

it won’t let me uplod my prog bc a label is after the statement that calls it. is this supposed to happen? help!! it works fine in roboemu

*Originally posted by Rickertsen2 *
**it won’t let me uplod my prog bc a label is after the statement that calls it. is this supposed to happen? help!! it works fine in roboemu **
I do this all the time. Can you post your code? It’s probably some other error.

In Windows XP Home (bring home extra pane), in a new Compaq Presario 1500, often the USB com port goes “unavailable” and “No Basic Stamps Found” tells me it is time to do one or both of the following:

a) unplug the Keyspan com port adapter and reconnect

b) close the editor, and restart it