Anyone famous come from your town

Has anyone that is famous come out of your town or small city (think smaller than NY or Boston)?

Manchester NH is kinda lucky, we have had

1. Adam Sandler (Adam and I both had the same 1st grade teacher and now I have the same Vice Princible as he had Mr. Clemons. There is reference to Mr. Clemons in Billy Madison. Billy and his friends put a “Flaming bag of poop” on “Old Man Clemons” front porch)
    And Manchester is also in alot of his movies, falling under varius names including
    Mandrake Falls NH- In Mr. Deeds
    Dukeberry- In 8 Crazy Nights

Never named but understood by street names and places- The audio Skit Whitey, This skit is also the premis for 8 Crazy Nights

1. Seth Myers (Currently on SNL)
  2. Robert Frost
  3. Former President Franklin Pierce
  4. hmmm some guy who invents stuff… his name esacpes me

Haily Berry :cool:
Lots of sports stars (can’t remember them all)
And other, I just can’t remember them all.

BTW, I’m from Cleveland, OH. :smiley:

Rockville had some pro football player.

OHH does our robot/Ogre count.

um…

Madonna - Rochester, MI
Kid Rock - Romeo, MI
Eminem - Warren, MI (and then down the street from my wife for a small time, before we were married)
Allyha (sp)
Elizabeth Berkley (saved by the bell)
Ted Nugent

thats all I can think of, offhand.

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
Eminem - Warren, MI (and then down the street from my wife for a small time, before we were married)

I would be deathly Scared of living near eminem.

Although, really I think its all a act.

*Originally posted by MattK *

I would be deathly Scared of living near eminem.

This was when he lived in Clinton Township or Sterling Heights, or something. … not Warren or Detroit…

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
**um…

Madonna - Rochester, MI
Kid Rock - Romeo, MI
Allyha (sp)
Elizabeth Berkley (saved by the bell)
Ted Nugent

thats all I can think of, offhand. **

Don’t forget almost all of the MOTOWN stars, a kid i know lives next to aretha franklin

Judge Reinhold – think Beverly Hills Cop movies (the straight laced cop) and and The Santa Clause (the step-dad)

he graduated from Martin County High School (the “M” in SPAM)

we also had a couple of professional athletes from our area… Cleveland Gary, a football player, graduated from South Fork High School (the “S”), and Rusty Meecham, a baseball player, graduated from Martin Co.

there’s also a semi-famous lawyer named Willie Gary who’s offices are in Stuart.

if i think of any more i’ll post them.

George
S.P.A.M.
Team 180

chike okiefa (i know i butchered the spelling) went to my high school back in 94…and like went on to play for purdue…now he’s playing for the 49’ers

Axle rose went to jefferson high school on the other side of the river in lafayette…

Shannon Hoon (blind melon) grew up in dayton which is like a 5 minute drive from lafayette…still in this county…he grew up here…our teams coach who is also the wrestling coach coached when he was wrestling for mc cutcheon high school and said he was really really good.

i cant think of any others…i think another older member of GNR came from here too…but i dunno

Shannon hoon is buried in dayton now btw…people like make pilgramages to his grave…

O yes, I beleave that Adam Sessler from TechTV’s Extended Play is from Manchester

Lets see…

MLS Soccer Star of the LA Galaxy, Ezra Hendrickson (didnt go to KHS, although his uncle was my soccer coach)

Ryan White- the first famous AIDS case in a child (he went to another school outside of kokomo, but people commonly mistake him for being from Kokomo)

5. hmmm some guy who invents stuff… his name esacpes me **

It’s unfortunate that Dean is from Long Island, not Manch-vegas.

He attended South Side HS.

*Originally posted by M. Krass *

He attended South Side HS. **

doesn’t his brother (Mitch?) teach at sachem? the fact that he most likely has a segway would make him famous too, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

In addition to DJ’s posts, a few famous/not-so-famous people created and invented quite a few important products that many of us use on a daily basis today…

Kokomo is known as "The City of Firsts"
July 4, 1894
Elwood Haynes road tested his invention… the first commercially constructed automobile on Pumpkinvine Pike.
October 1894
D.C. Spraker, President of Kokomo Rubber Tire Company, invented the first pneumatic rubber tire.
William Johnson invented the aluminum casting process at the Ford & Donnelly Foundry.
George Kingston developed the first carburetor.
Elwood Haynes discovered the first Stellite cobalt-based alloy while searching for a metal appropriate for flatware.
Elwood Haynes invented stainless steel that would provide rust free medical instruments.
The first Howitzer shell was used in warfare. It was developed by the Superior Machine Tool Company.
The Liberty Pressed Metal Company developed the first aerial bomb with fins.
Early 1920’S
John Powell developed the first mechanical corn picker.
Kemp Brothers Canning Company developed the first canned tomato juice at the request of a St. Louis doctor who was searching for baby food for use in his clinic.
The Delco Radio Division of G.M. developed the first push-button car radio.
The first all metal-lifeboat was developed by Globe American Stove Company.
The Globe American Stove Company developed the first all-metal life raft, nicknamed “The Kokomo Kid”
The Delco Radio Division of G.M. developed the first signal-seeking car radio.
The Delco Radio Division of G.M. developed the first all-transistor car radio.
NOTE: Delco is now DELPHI

Source: In Kokomo

**5. hmmm some guy who invents stuff… his name esacpes me **

Dean Kamen was born in New York.
Robert Frost was born in California.
Franklin Pierce wasn’t born in Manchester.
Adam Sandler was born in Brooklyn, NY.

Man, you’re an idiot. Just don’t talk anymore. I believe I’ve also proven that Manchester, NH is worthless.

Appleton, Wisconsin…
Willem DaFoe (the Green Goblin in Spider-Man)
Senator Joseph McCarthy

I come from 2 “famous” (not really) WI cities so I’ll list both of them:

Cudahy, WI (10 miles south of Milwaukee):
Not really anybody too famous (yet) but there are some;
-John Navarre, Starting Quarterback for Michigan
-Lamar Gordon, Back-Up RB for the St. Louis Rams, started for Marshall Faulk the last 2 weeks

Thats really it from there, and there is only 1 from Oconomowoc that I know of:
-Craig Counsell, of the Arizona Diamondbacks (his cousin lives across the street from me)

:cool:

This probably doesn’t count, but if you happen to watch THE AMAZING RACE on CBS you’ll see the parents of our team’s current driver (well, not the official driver… yet). That’s famous enough for me.

So remember: THE AMAZING RACE, Wednesday nights on CBS, 9:00 PM EST. Their names are Teri and Ian.

It’s kinda funny because they’re the most hated people on the show. Editing makes them look really mean. I’ve been witness to them in real life and they don’t seem that bad…

But they’re still great fun to bastardize. :smiley:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *

He attended South Side HS. **

Yes I know he wasnt born in manch-vegas, but he has lived in NH since his 20’s and most of his inventions where created here.

Anyone live in or near Arora Ill.?

Thats where Wayne’s World took place!

i thought of another person.

my mom runs a lot (going outside, eww :p), and she has different friends that she runs with. one of them is this lady Christy (i think that’s how you spell it) Lyons (spelling again?) who is apparently the wife of some football player (i don’t know football at all, so don’t ask me who he is) on the Jets i think. since football isn’t my thing, i have no idea if he’s famous, but i figured it was worth mentioning.