Anyone know anything about EVN2000c Series Limit Switch?

My team is using the Honeywell Series Limit Switch, but the wiring diagrams are a bit confusing to us.

Here’s the URL to some of the documentation we’ve found

http://www.honeywellscportal.com//index.php?ci_id=49994

Basically, we need help knowing how to wire the thing.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Page 5 of the document shows the connections. You want to use either connections 1 and 2, or connections 3 and 4. One connection goes to the “ground” pin of a Digital Input on the roboRIO, and the other goes to the “signal” pin. The center “+5” pin of the Digital Input does not get connected.

The 1&2 contacts are normally closed, and open when the switch is activated. The 3&4 contacts are normally open, and close when the switch is activated.

We use these exact limit switches, you need to use 18 AWG wire, since it fits in both these and and the headers for the roboRio. you put the wire thru 1 and 2 or 3 and 4, cut it flush with the surface, insert the white thing with the pin numbers into the switch, with the rubber strain relief on, and tighten the nut as far as it will go.

Thanks! My main problem was I didn’t know that the rubber strain relief came off (as well as the white thing) so I was just confused as to how they worked. Thanks again for helping us.

Yeah, they are one of kind really, not many things I have seen have had a similar wiring set up…