Anyone using a Slim CIM?

We’re finding that Slim CIMs are great when you need a little more power out of your drive train, but you don’t have a lot of room. Has anyone else used one in previous seasons?

139 Likes

Ummmmmm

8 Likes

There’s no way…

2 Likes

I’m curious what that is and have deep respect for the Slim Troll

Now take your “like” and move along

18 Likes

Shady

1 Like

FTFY. :wink:

6 Likes

Thread of the year.

8 Likes

Words cannot express how disappointed I am that you didn’t use the EVO Slim for CIMs Transmission with your Slim CIM setup.

26 Likes

This is the most blessed and simultaneously cursed image I’ve seen in my life.

Excellent work. See you on Einstein.

2 Likes

Snap into a Slim CIM!!

randy_savage_crop_north

15 Likes

It’s definitely the only motor I’LL ever need

21 Likes

I need an adult. I’m so scared.

6 Likes

Drop in replacement for a Denso throttle motor?

1 Like

Look Jim, we know you have a thing for EVO Slims but that gearbox isn’t compatible with Slim CIMs.

3 Likes

Marshall MATHers, hero of the zebracorns, you should go back to fixing the BOM, it’s something that matters. You should leave the Slim CIM Evo CIM Slim asSIMiliation to the Jims. we’ve got the shims and limbs and vim to stuff the evo cim slim to the brim with slim cims.

35 Likes

Well now that you mention it, I think it might work with the right shim.

And anyone using vim is a true frim (ok, I’ve lost the plot).

3 Likes

the only thing i see wrong here is a motor not on the jvn calc

5 Likes

i support the long bag

…baaaaaaaaaag?

7 Likes

Now we just gotta get this in brushless form and my life shall be complete

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses. It’s been a lot of fun reading them. You got me. Yes this was a troll topic, but hopefully a fun one. I was particularly humbled when a friend from the other side of the country told me that they received an automated e-mail from Chief Delphi promoting this topic :joy: Thank you all for being great sports!

There is no such thing as a Slim CIM…yet. Are you listening AndyMark? The people have spoken! So here’s the explanation. We have a belly pan mounted in between our two drive train gearboxes. The way it was designed, it would sag a bit in the middle from the weight of the electronic components. Someone on our team came up with the idea to support it by nestling a .5" PVC pipe on top of the drive CIM motors. While it worked, it didn’t look as professional as we would have liked. So we decided to camouflage the pipe as a skinny CIM motor, a Slim CIM. We spray painted it black and used little strips of silver duct tape for the edges of the “motor.” If you look carefully, you can see the pipe extending past the silver edge as it runs across to the other side of the robot. Based on your responses, it’s pretty convincing, right? If you’re attending either the AZ North or Las Vegas Regionals, feel free to swing by the pit of 6413 (Degrees of Freedom) and check out our robot’s “Slim CIM Technology.” Good luck to you all this season and have a great day!

27 Likes