Areas with State Government Involvement

This year the Commonwealth of Virginia is going through their Gubernatorial Election which will be this November. One of the candidates has part of his policy dedicated to getting the state’s youth excited about Science, Technology, Mathematics, etc. VirginiaFIRST is the state wide organization that helps support FIRST in the state and is a resource for teams when they don’t know where to go when they are stuck.

What I am looking for is stories or documentation or anything else that people may have about how their State Government and Elected Officials (Governors, Legislators, etc) have come out and helped the FIRST program and teams throughout the state. Any and all information would be helpful, even past and current projects/initiatives would be great, it would help us goto the candidates and show them what we need from them to help make their policy as successful as possible. Thank you for all your help, and I look forward to some great resources.

Please post information here so others can have access to the information, but if you need to get in contact with me please feel free to email me at mobrien.1086@gmail.com or you can PM me on here. Thanks again and lets go FIRST.

Mike O’Brien