Art Bots

I’m not sure if this is in the right forum…but I found this very interesting. It just goes to show you, bots can do anything.

“ArtBots is an international art exhibition for robotic art and art-making robots. No firm rules exist on the types of work that can participate; if you think it’s a robot and you think it’s making art, then it’s an art-making robot. Twenty-three artists/groups will participate in the show, which will take place at EYEBEAM Gallery in downtown Manhattan. The show will run for two days (saturday and sunday) with all artists in attendance. Selected works will remain installed during the rest of the week as part of EYEBEAM’s summer robotics festival, ROBOT.”

Check out www.artbots.org

It’s pretty cool, these robots are actually built to make different pieces of art.

Wow, well isn’t that interesting. wildcatsfive- ya think that T2 can make some art!? i bet he could, hehe.
Now… do these robots MAKE art? or are THEY the art? because i think a lot of robots very artistic (i almost said artful… jeez, where is my mind today- on mini golf perhaps?- who knows) T2 is very “artful” heehee.

I saw something like this on TechTV while I was on the the western-side of Mich. It was pretty interesting (and I think the site is the organization for it).

I saw something like this on TechTV while I was on the the western-side of Mich. It was pretty interesting (and I think the site is the organization for it).

There was something more going on the week artbots was going on. I forgot the name of the website but this was a little bit of what was going on in NYC.
http://www.eyebeam.org/divisions/RandD_robot.html

Saw a thing on slashdot a few weeks ago which would be perfect for this… someone essentially enlarged a printer and put a spray-paint can on it instead of an ink cartriage.

The spray cartriage could travel in a 2D plane - something crazy like 20x20 feet. And the thing could be mounted vertically and spray a wall :wink:

[Edit]Found the link: Giant “Inkjet Printer” [/Edit]

My question is if the robots make a predefined piece of art, or an original piece of art. The first would be a robot that was programmed to ‘copy’ what a human had already made… the later leaves it open to infinite possibilities, depending on the robot :yikes:

you never stop amazing us, fae