Artsy Robot Photos

Since I like to take “artsy” robot photos during the build season, I figured I’d make a thread where people can post theirs too. No real rules for this thread, just post something that you think looks “artsy.” Portrait mode works great for this. Depending on if people like this thread I’ll post something everyday.

I’ll start with this:

27 Likes

One of my favorite photos from 2016.

23 Likes

From week 2 of build (Not robot but close enough)

12 Likes

It probably would of looked nicer if the backdrop was actually ironed and I had of only included the backdrop, but considering we bagged literally minutes after this photo, I think they came out pretty well, and it’s my favorite bot from my time as a student.

i got another chance post-season with bumpers, but it didnt have the same feel as the other ones.

8 Likes

Taken this morning. White treads on black anodized wheels are about as good as it gets

101 Likes

I love what you did with the DOF :+1:

2 Likes

Our teams recreation (dubbed “Chomp Bot”) of 2910’s Deep Space robot.

13 Likes

Where do you get white tread?

1 Like

From a local belt supplier. It wears down much faster than the nitrile tread, though, so it’s only for show really

I’ve always enjoyed the lighting and shadows in this one from bag night:

44 Likes

I think good defense is a work of art.

75 Likes

A little shot of us testing our 2018 climb out…

I also think that the B-roll at the start of our robot reveal counts

11 Likes

Haha, I did not realize we had been taking pictures then. That was a late night. Felt good to see the robot actually unfold and climb though.

What a great idea for a thread! We had a good photographer student back in 2014. Enjoy!

44 Likes

An old favorite from my old camera.

79 Likes

In the future–and with @marcusbernstein’s (unlikely) permission–I’d rather see an “Artsy Drive Team Photos” thread.

10 Likes

Ruh Roh.

3 Likes

goodnight sweet prince

1 Like

We realized the other day that it has been 5 years since we drove him around. But I think he still works… sadly kids don’t even know what it is anymore unless we show an old game reveal.

I want to throw a battery in Monday to check on the servo driven eyes, they were always my favorite part

12 Likes

Servo driven eyes! That’s epic.

1 Like