Assembly Save Error

I’ve been working on our robot in Inventor, and have been getting a rather fatal error:

[WARNING] Problems encountered while saving the document. <FwRes.dll(1806)> [r:\core\Fw\Main\FWxSceneDoc.cpp, line 1431]
[ERROR] Error(s) detected while writing segment AmDcSegment in database C:\Documents and Settings\Dibble\My Documents\Chris\Activities\Robotics\Inventor\Robot\Robot Built Frame CTD2.iam <RSeRes(622)> [r:\core\RSe\segment\segStream.cpp, line 242]
[ERROR] Error detected while saving object of type RDxOccurrence <RSeRes(1408)> [r:\core\RSe\meta\meta.cpp, line 967]
[ERROR] Internal error in persistence operation (Segment loading is not supported within other persistence operations) <RSeRes(623)>
[ERROR] The database in C:\Documents and Settings\Dibble\My Documents\Chris\Activities\Robotics\Inventor\Robot\Robot Built Frame CTD2.iam could not be saved <RSeRes(202)> [r:\core\RSe\database\databaseC.cpp, line 1195]

It won’t let me save, and thus, I can’t work on the robot…

Has anyone else been having this problem? Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks,
Chris

I think I had a save error too sometime yesterday. But fortunately after 10 tries it worked.

Oh yes, I have a question about assembly files. Every time I open one, it prompts me to confirm every SINGLE associated ipt and it’s sooo annoying. I don’t understand why Autodesk would put a “skip all” command but not an “accept all” command. This problem only started happened when I organized different parts in different folder; I doubt autodesk intended to have everyone put all their ipt’s in the root folder. absurd.

JP
AIM: JPRen2025

*Originally posted by jpren *
**I think I had a save error too sometime yesterday. But fortunately after 10 tries it worked.

Oh yes, I have a question about assembly files. Every time I open one, it prompts me to confirm every SINGLE associated ipt and it’s sooo annoying. I don’t understand why Autodesk would put a “skip all” command but not an “accept all” command. This problem only started happened when I organized different parts in different folder; I doubt autodesk intended to have everyone put all their ipt’s in the root folder. absurd.

JP
AIM: JPRen2025 **

Did you create a project file to manage everything?

If you haven’t yet, create a new project file and add all of your different folders into that project as libraries. Then, Inventor should stop prompting you for the files.

As for the error. . . have you tried saving as a different file name? I haven’t ever run into an error like that.

*Originally posted by jpren *
**I think I had a save error too sometime yesterday. But fortunately after 10 tries it worked.

JP
AIM: JPRen2025 **

When I try to save, I get the error, and when I try to save again, the whole program crashes. Its not like its the computer, considering, I’m running a 2ghz pentium 4 with 512mb ram.

I sometimes get those link checks, and I agree that they should have an accept all. But, check the red cross at the top of the screen, and fix any errors - that made the checks go away. Also, you may want to set up a project, but I’m not sure considering I haven’t really looked in to them. Good luck!

yeah I think I forgot to create the project in the first place. thanks I’ll try that

JP
AIM: JPRen2025