Attention CT Teams! 4th annual F.C.S.E. (F.I.R.S.T. CT Snowboarding/Ski Experience)

February 3rd, 2007 we will be holding the fourth F.C.S.E. (F.I.R.S.T. CT Snowboarding/Ski Experience) event at Ski Sundown. For those of you who don’t know, the F.C.S.E. is an activity that we started in 2004 by Team 237 as a fun event for right before Kickoff of the Robotics Season.

We try & get as many people from our team and other local teams to go to a local ski area to Snowboard or Ski (your choice).

This is not a fundraiser, but rather just a day that people can get together before the new season starts.

We will be arriving at Ski Sundown around 9am (All day lift ticket is from 9am - 5pm). To rent equipment and buy a lift ticket it will cost about $75-$85 for either skis or snowboards. To just rent a lift ticket it will cost about $46. Also bring money for food (which could be about $10 - $15 more dollars).

Please let me know if you can come or if you have any questions, please contact either myself, Scott: ScottShaw237, or Elgin: Elgin Clock via AIM or PM.

Feel free to just show up, as we should be there from 9ish-5 all day long somewhere on the Mountain.

Ski Sundown Info: http://www.skisundown.com/

Address for finding directions: 126 Ratlum Road, New Hartford, CT 06057

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

PS. One of the main reasons we will be having this event is because it is on 2-3-07!! woot woot :ahh: :smiley: :yikes: :smiley:

Ya know… something occured to me recently. We have to stop calling this annual if we are going to hold it more than once a year. lol

Oh wells, who cares about the details? Right? :rolleyes:

I’m going to try and make it. I’m still in kinda rough shape after the last one a few days ago. Getting old sucks! And winter sucks, since I’m not excercising at all over this winter… Aye. lol

That may be the weridest Mountain I have ever seen, I dont understand why you would have beginner trails at the summit and then have them run into intermediate trails. As far as I can see there is no way to go summit to base on all green trails, I have seen mountains with blue/black at the summit that turn into green at the bottom but never the other way around. I assume that the Intermediate Trails are pretty easy, other wise it must be boring for people trying to learn.

I would like to make it but it doesn’t look to promising, my lack of a car on campus makes traveling pretty tough. I guess I am going to have to stick with Jiminy Peak this weekend.

Mount southington has a few trails like this as well. The beginner trails run into intermediate but they aren’t bad at all. and if you look on th map there are all green beginner trails to the far right (same thing at southington). Unfortunately the trails around here are all fairly easy for the most part, nothing like NH, VT and ME hah.

I hope to see anyone that plans to come out and party with us!