Autodesk and FIRST 2017

Welcome to the 2017 competition and the design and build season.

Following the Kickoff tomorrow we will be posting the field and KOP in Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360 and STEP format.

Once again we look forward to working with you as you work through the design and making phases for your robots.

Hi Phil,

From all of us here on Team 696, we would like to extend a big thanks to you and Autodesk for your unwavering commitment to FIRST and education over the last 15+ years.

Thank you, and we’re looking forward to seeing the models!

Team 696

Thank you so much for providing the KoP every year. It makes our lives much easier. Quick question: are the Inventor files going to be provided in 2016 or 2017 format? I understand that we can still open the STEP files, but native inventor files makes our lives easier.

We supply the Inventor files in the format of the software provided for FIRST teams, so it is always the current year. In this case 2017.

We are open to recommendations. For example, does going back one year to 2016 help?

Field drawings in Inventor 2016 format would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Phil,

It would be great to have 2015 - 2017 Inventor files, as many school systems are on any of these versions.

Thank you!

Forgive my ignorance, but where do we go to find the files? Our school has an Autodesk contract, but we are always a year behind, so 2016 would be great!

Does anyone have a link to the inventor drawings?

Here you are,

http://www.autodesk.com/education/co...t/all-products

FYI, your link 404s. You included a “…” in the middle of the URL instead of copy/pasting the full URL.

Thanks.

I’m looking for last years KOP’s inventor files.
Are they archived somewhere?

Thanks
Jack Gillespie
Team 5430

found it Thanks no need to respond

Could you post the answer for others who might have the same question?

Here it is,

https://www.autodesk.com/education/competitions-and-events/first/all-products

Scroll to the bottom of the page for links to the downloads.

Any chance education users could get access to the TruNest line of products? It seems like it could be very useful for teams with CNC routers.

If you’re using a CNC Router, wouldn’t Autodesk HSM work just as well? I’ve used HSM for making CNC router paths many times and never had an issue with it (it exports quite nicely to GCODE as well). Admittedly I’m not familiar with TruNest, but from a quick glance at the product site it seems to be more geared towards more complex operations on different kinds of machinery than most FRC teams would need.

I use Fusion 360 and HSM Works all the time. I’d just like to try out as many Autodesk product offerings as I can. Trunest has some advanced functionality that could be really useful. I’m trying some composite stuff soon so the composite version might be useful too.