Autodesk Inventor 2012 Help

I am trying to get all of our teams laptops to have Autodesk Inventor on them. We saw that 2012 is new so we began installing that on them but even after registering them and getting the product key and serial number it says that there is a 30 day trial only. Do FIRST students not get 2012?

I don’t believe that Autodesk has updated FIRSTbase with 2012 software yet, but I may be wrong.

If you have access to a .edu email address you can download a student version of Inventor 2012 (along with ~20 other programs) from students.autodesk.com

(My buddy Aren Hill has informed me that you may not need a .edu email to download software from students.autodesk.com. So try checking there)

I am away from my laptop so I can’t verify anything, but I believe that I was able to install a licensed copy of Inventor 2012. The first time I started it, I did receive notification of a 30-day trial, but after activating the software with Autodesk, it’s worked fine and I’ve seen no other notices.

I downloaded and installed it from students.autodesk.com and was able to set up an account without a .edu address.

When you see the 30 day trial thing, click the “Activate” button right under the symbol. When you click activate, it will recognize that you activated the software during installation, and then will attempt to link the license to an Education community account. Finish the registration and linking and it should be activated then. I believe that is what I did for Inventor 2012, Showcase, and Sketchbook Designer.

If that doesn’t work, it may have been a problem with the downloaded files or the installation process. Try uninstalling, redownloading and then reinstalling. That should fix it.

If that doesn’t work, then I am sorry I couldn’t help.

I thought they were allowing FIRST mentors to also download the software suite. I am on the site now and I am required to agree to these terms in order to proceed to download

To participate in the Autodesk Education Community, you must agree to and comply with the applicable Terms of Use and also be a faculty member, student or Autodesk Assistance Program participant, as more fully described at the right.
FIRST mentors do not fall into any of those three categories. Am I missing something?

I will be using the software in my role as a team Mentor, and NOT for any other personal or commercial use … so I think I am OK …

Any thoughts?

Autodesk also allows students to sign up as a member of FIRST, which does not require a .edu email.