Autonomous Issues

We are using labview and the basic robot main.vi for our main code in the template that came with the software. Our issue is autonomous. We have tried putting it in several places and deployed the code permanently and the autonomous failed. Also after going into autonomous, the program or robot or something won’t let us drive once in tele-op mode. Where is the correct place/way to create autonomous for a permanent deploy to the cRIO?

One thing that I’ve heard of other teams doing was right clicking to deploy just the autonomous independent VI. Instead, open the build specification under deployments, build, deploy, and set it to run as startup, the autonomous and teleop will automatically be hooked up.

Greg McKaskle

Im not understanding what you are saying. What do you mean by deployments?
And I know how to run a code as start-up. What I don’t know is which files to run as start-up(tele-op and autunomous, or just tele-op or just autonomous), or where to write the autonomous code.

What I don’t know is which files to run as start-up(tele-op and autunomous, or just tele-op or just autonomous), or where to write the autonomous code.

Sorry I wasn’t clearer. None of the above. The Build Specifications folder under the cRIO will already contain a Deployment. That is the file that defines which files to download and to run. Clicking on the other files is still running source files.

Greg McKaskle

Ok thank you for the help. So then would I write the actual autonomous code under autonomous independant then?

So then would I write the actual autonomous code under autonomous independant then?

That is what the default framework supports.

Greg McKaskle

Ok thank you.