Awards that teams give out

I noticed at Championship 2006 that some teams give out there own awards…
does yours?

We will be giving out some awards. Basically they are a surprise, but encompass a 1:1 scale part of our robot that has won us an award already this year. :slight_smile:

Not sure if they will be ready for UTC, but def. will be for The Championship Event.

Last year, we were lucky enough to have won two awards at the Boilermaker Regional. 1317 gave us the Best Button Design award; 1038 said we had Best Team Defense.
I must say that for a young team without much of a chance at FIRST awards or tournament success, these definitely lifted the spirits of the team. It’s awesome to be recognized by one’s peers, and I applaud those who give awards to teams who aren’t necessarily the best and brightest but still deserve recognition.
Next year if (or when) we have our mill up and running, we certainly plan on bringing an award or two for others. Until then, we’ll be defending our Best Button Design…

Team 342 gives out:

Florida Regional Awards

Most Creative Button Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team with most creative, coolest button.

Most Colorful Robot Frame Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team with a robot that displays quite a range of colours, or that has quite the sense of style.

Most Eye-catching Costume Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team who has a majority of its members wearing a fun, eye-catching costume, face paint design, etc.

Most Helpful Team/Alliance Partner Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team that helped Team 342 the most either through cooperative alliance strategy or by donating tools, ideas, etc. Basically for a team that we’d like to thank for their help.

Most Useful Handout Winning Team:______
Goes to the team that gives us a handout that we use the most during the competition or that we enjoy the most.

Columbia Regional Awards

Goes to the team with a robot that displays quite a range of colours, or that has quite the sense of style.

Longest Distance Traveled Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team who has traveled the longest distance to the Palmetto Regional.

Goes to the team that helped Team 342 the most either through cooperative alliance strategy or by donating tools, ideas, etc. Basically for a team that we’d like to thank for their help.

Goes to the team that gives us a handout that we use the most during the competition or that we enjoy the most.

FRC Championship Awards

Most Eye-catching Costume Winning Team:_____
Goes to the team who has a majority of its members wearing a fun, eye-catching costume, face paint design, etc.

We’ve been doing this now for three years and find it to be a great way to network with other teams and build bonds of gracious professionalism.

229 creates and gives out awards that we make on our Laser Cutter, they range from “Most Aesthetically Pleasing”, to “Best Offensive Robot”, to “The Just Plain Awesome Award.” We started these awards at Championships this year, and will (hopefully) continue the tradition for years to come.

at GLR we recieved 3 awards for other teams, Ram Tough, Strongest opponent, and Gracious professionalism. we had out awards as well.

Team 1038 distributes a number of awards to other teams during the competitions; in Pitt we gave out awards for best offense, best defense, best pit display and others. The students on the team vote on the awards and hand them out in the pits…

We made these little X-Cat Chocokitties out of Sculpey II to give out at Buckeye and the Champioship. We already gave out 10 at FLR.

As only a 2nd year team I’m not sure we are qualified to give out any awards yet. But…getting awards from PINK two years in a row really gave us confidence. This year we also got Best Button award from 342. We have handmade buttons and that made all the NEMOs proud.

We got a peer award this year for having the Best Mascot.

This year we are distributing awards for Best Rookie, Best Ringer Puter Oner (I’ve gotta remember what I actually called that), Best Lifter and Coolest Robot. We don’t give anything fancy, just a certificate from us to you. We do it more as a way to praise that team saying that we recognize their talents and efforts.

team 233 gives out awards at the regionals and the championship. the students designed the awards in proE and they are usually for:

best rookie
coolest pit
robot design
team spirit

Dang. I mis-read this the first time through. I thought you said you were giving out chocolate kitties (sort of like chocolate bunnies, but different), and starting wondering “where is mine??!!”

-dave (goes back to eating two Krispy Kremes for lunch…)

The coolest award we ever received was from team 135 after we beat them in the Newton Division Finals in 2005. They gave us their spare arm.

Dave, Dave, Dave…

Wildstang has given out awards for the past several years at both regionals and Championship. From memory they are Best Alliance Partner, Most Creative Design, Best Team Spirit, Most Innovative Design, Best Overall Design,
Best Rookie, Best Theme, Most Gracious Professional and we reserve two special awards for any team that doesn’t fit the rest.

Come on, Dave, give them a chance… in some countries Sculpey II is considered a culinary delicacy…

The X-Cats get my vote for best awards given out, they’re adorable! And I’m not just saying that because I’m a cat fanatic… well, okay, that may be part of it…

As for team 116, the special (limited) button we give out is supposed to go to people we see who go above and beyond what they need to do… however, when people come running up asking for one, I usually give in and give them one… http://www.factorfantasy.com/thedavegallery/photos/pbutton07.jpg

Heidi

1547 gave a bunch of nice Wooden “W’s” out at NJ this year. It’s no Oscar but it’s a piece of hardware.

1188 gave us a teamwork award at GLR this year :slight_smile:
was very nice

My team gives out awards at each regional. They’re usually different each year. The usual awards. We make 'em out of pirate hats! If you were to ask which awards we’ve given out, I wouldn’t be the person to ask. Not my job. But the one I do remember was for 1838 for cost effective robot. They had a box with a tarp over it in 2006 and we wouldn’t have been 1st seed at the end of qualifying without thier help.

From other teams, during the years i’ve been on the team, we have recieved the following awards:
2006:
“Spirit” from The Cheesy Poofs I think
“Best Autonomous” from The WildCats I think
2007:
“Spirit” from PHRED.

I may have forgotten some… oh well…

Well let’s see…

Team 494 and Team 70 give out these Awards at every regional we attend.

Best Autonomous
Like a Rock Award
My Favorite Robot
Out of this World Award
Ram Tough Award
Technology Award
Best Value Award
Best Pit Award
Best Alliance Partner

Simple certificates in frames and hopefully they put a smile on your face:D

BTW…we have a school showcase and usually display all of these cool “peer to peer” awards for the year!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/bebo07/AWARD.jpg
That’s not the finished version cause the Team Fusion Logo came out too small but i think you get the idea