Like many teams, we too are having trouble getting an image from the camera on the dashboard.

We have updated the driver station (we have the needle gage on the bottom right),

The cRIO has been imaged with v19.

We have updated LabView and have successfully run the Setup Axis Camera utility.

We can instantiate the camera and set the resolution and brightness.

However, whenever we try to execute the getImage() method on the instance of the AxisCamera object, we get the exception shown below.

2 Questions.

  1. Is the video feed supposed to display in the dashboard once the getInstance is called?

  2. Has anyone else seen/overcome the following exception?

[cRIO] No image available
[cRIO] at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(
[cRIO] at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(
[cRIO] at java.lang.Exception.<init>(
[cRIO] at<init>(
[cRIO] at
[cRIO] at edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.templates.Lucy.HandleImage(
[cRIO] at edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.templates.Lucy.teleopPeriodic(
[cRIO] at edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.IterativeRobot.startCompetition(
[cRIO] at edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.RobotBase.startApp(
[cRIO] at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletTunnelImpl.callStartApp(
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.imp.MIDletMainWrapper.main(
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.Klass.main(
[cRIO] at
[cRIO] at
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.VMThread.callRun(
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.VM.callRun(

Thanks for your help.

Barry Sudduth
Team 2751

You should be getting an image back to your dashboard with just calling

If thats not working then you have other issues? Are both LEDs lit on the cRio on network port 2? Did create the FRC login on the camera?

Also next time you call

AxisCamera.getInstance.GetImage(); do this

} catch (Exception e){
System.out.println(“Get Image Failed” + e);

The final piece of the puzzle was creating the FRC/FRC account. We now get images. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a lag of 1.5-2.0 seconds. Progress comes in small steps…

Barry Sudduth
Team 2751

Glad that was resolved. I had the same exception but perhaps with a more devious cause. The sample program was working fine, camera.getImage() was working; but my program was not. Pretty much the same code. I found that the imports were different. I had let NetBeans import files as necessary. Things started working when I copied the sequence of imports from the sample program. Weird.:mad: