Bars

What do you people think of the bars on the sides of the ramp?

Do you think that boxes will ever be transfered over them? Do you have any ideas of how they could be useful?

Why over? Over would be hard short of dropping/throwing the containers.

You could bring them under. They are 15 3/4" tall. The bar is 16" off the ground. Tight squeeze, but it’s certainly possible.

edit I see… they said the top of the pole is 1 foot and 4" above the floor. Sorry, I had to work so I couldn’t watch the webcast.

See i thought the same thing that they COULD be pushed under dimensionally speaking, but during the kickoff they purposely showed that is was impossible to put a container under the bar so WTB.

*Originally posted by Jnadke *
**Why over? Over would be hard short of dropping/throwing the containers.

You could bring them under. They are 15 3/4" tall. The bar is 16" off the ground. Tight squeeze, but it’s certainly possible. **

Untrue, the bar is 14in off the ground the bins do not fit under it, They showed that you could not do it in anyway.

Dang, Jim you beat me to it!

Uh… wasn’t it demonstrated that the boxes cannot fit under the bar, no matter what position they’re in?

Maybe 16" is from the top of the bar to the ground.

[edit] Heh, I post slow. [/edit]

The ‘bar’ is more like a truss.

From the floor to the bottom of the truss is 14.75"

The top of the truss is 16" above the floor.

The bins do not fit underneath in any orientation.

*Originally posted by M. Krass *

The bins do not fit underneath in any orientation. **

Yet. :smiley:

What if a bin get completely destroyed and like ripped in half? It would fit under the bar that way. Would it still only count as one?

thats a good question considering they are so easy to damage like that…

or pushing it hard enough would smash in the top corner and then the rest would crunch and go under…but that would probably get you a dq

I was thinking about that, like if the top came off, and then i researched it and in DQ6 it says that if you damage the playing field that you are up for DQ, if the referee wants to, but using that rule i asssume that the containers count as the “playing field”.

Anyways, DQ5 states that “deliberatly” damaging the containers will get you disqualified. So either way, I would try to steer clear of damaging those containers