Battery Replacement

Eagletrons, Team 3675 has a problem.
One of the batteries from this year’s KOP is leaking. We did not notice this until today. How can we get this battery replaced by FIRST?

At this point, I don’t think you can get a replacement. You’ll probably just have to lick your wounds (but not the battery juices), and buy another one.

I’m kind of curious as to how many of the older veteran teams dislikes the new batteries.

Back in my days, we used Exide batteries, and we never had a single failure.

Now, we have these new pieces of crap. We bought probably 10 batteries over the past 2 years, and 7 of them are completely bad.

Some have infinite resistance (they say their charged, but produce no current to even power up the cRIO), or have a really high resistance (they say their charged, but when connected to the robot, cannot run a motor without the Jaguars faulting out). Others develop a crack on the bottom (really thin plastic, so without being treated like an egg, they will crack). We had one that popped its cap on the top, which isn’t supposed to ever happen.

I personally want FIRST to go back with the old Exide batteries, or switch to a more reputable battery company. We still have some Exides that work well on demo boards.

The MK batteries weren’t too bad in 2008, but the Enersys ones that everyone uses now are awful in my opinion.

You likely can’t. You probably need to talk to the manufacturer/distributor.

You can still use the MK battery.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Sorry, but FIRST probably won’t replace it. You’re gonna have to go buy a new one.

I know, but that’s not what they give you in the KOP anymore.

Reported^^ IF indeed spam (I didn’t follow through the link), it at least seems vaguely FRC/robot related. Quite sneaky.

I do believe you posted in the wrong thread, or you are advertising which is bad. I’m going to assume the first option.