BattleCry@WPI 20: Reg opens 18-Apr at 1200

Greetings teams!

Registration for the 20th annual BattleCry@WPI will open this Thursday, April 18th at noon. This is open to any FRC team interested in competing.

BC20 is a two-day event (June 8-9th) hosted at WPI. It will feature all the lights, sounds, and excitement of a regional-level competition for only $400. Included in your registration fee is guaranteed entry to the playoffs, 10 event t-shirts, and 10 team Sunday BBQ tickets.

Please note the date change! In order to accommodate required renovations in Harrington Auditorium, the date has been moved to June 8-9. While this means a few of the typical BC amenities had to be removed, it has given us an awesome opportunity to partner with TouchTomorrow and bring FIRST front-and-center in front of the thousands of attendees at that festival.

To register, click on Register at https://wp.wpi.edu/battlecry/

Even if your team does not wish to compete, you can volunteer here! We are looking for new people to fill new roles, so if it’s your first time volunteering, you want to try a new job, or you are looking at how to advance in your volunteering skills, this is the place to sign up! We have experienced folks leading the charge and ready to train new people and new positions to help NE FIRST build their volunteer base!

Looking forward to celebrating 20 years of BattleCry@WPI with some of the best teams and volunteers in FIRST!

10 Likes

Here’s the direct link if the site isn’t updating for you: https://forms.gle/Z3AcULbmMR38aWvA8

2 Likes

Birch Bots are all registered, we are looking forward to attending BC again!

1 Like

We anticipate posting the list of Registered Challengers and Ready Reserves (waitlist) around 2PM Eastern today. Looks like another great lineup so far!

3 Likes

Challengers

TEAM NAME LOCATION
121 Rhode Warriors Middletown, RI
126 Gael Force Clinton, MA
131 CHAOS Manchester, NH
133 B.E.R.T. Standish, ME
138 Entropy Amherst, NH
157 AZTECHS Marlborough, MA
166 Chop Shop Merrimack, NH
172 Northern Force Falmouth/Gorham, ME
173 RAGE Robotics Tolland, CT
175 Buzz Robotics Enfield, CT
181 Birds of Prey Hartford, CT
190 Gompei & the HERD Worcester, MA
195 CyberKnights Southington, CT
228 Gus Robotics Meridan, CT
237 Black Magic Watertown, CT
238 Crusaders Manchester, NH
319 Big Bad Bob Alton, NH
340 G.R.R Churchville, NY
467 The Colonials Shrewsbury, MA
501 The PowerKnights Manchester, NH
555 Montclair Robotiocs Montclair, NJ
694 StuyPulse New York, NY
839 Rosie Robotics Agawam, MA
885 Ro-bovines Randolph Center, VT
1058 PVC Pirates Londonderry, NH
1071 Team MAX Wolcott, CT
1073 The Force Team Hollis, NH
1100 T-Hawks Northborough, MA
1474 Titans Tewksbury, MA
1721 Tidal Force Concord, NH
1735 Green Reapers Worcester, MA
1991 Dragons Hartford, CT
2084 Robots By the C Manchester, MA
2168 Aluminum Falcons Groton, CT
2262 Holliston Robo-Panthers Holliston, MA
2712 Power Surge Woodbury, CT
2713 iRaiders Melrose, MA
2791 Shaker Robotics Latham, NY
2877 The LigerBots Newton, MA
3461 Operation PEACCE Robotics Bristol, CT
3467 The Windham Windup Windham, NH
4041 IRON TIGERS Gardiner, ME
4048 Redshift Westborough, MA
4097 Devilbots Northampton, MA
4176 Iron Tigers North Easton, MA
4564 Orange Chaos Brewer, ME
4909 Bionics Billerica, MA
5000 Hammerheads Hingham, MA
5030 The Second Mouse Utica, NY
5254 HYPE Trumansburg, NY
5421 Birch Bots New York, NY
5813 Morpheus Concord, NH
5943 The Bad News Gears Carmel, NY
6324 Blue Devil’s Salem, NH
6328 Mechanical Advantage Littleton, MA
6933 Archytas Sharon, VT
7127 LongMetal Longmeadow, MA
7153 Aetos Dios, Eagles of Zeus Manchester, CT
7407 Wired Boars Wallingford, CT

READY RESERVES

TEAM NAME LOCATION
3623 The TerrorBots Leominster, MA
2876 The DevilBotz Burlington, MA
3182 Athena’s Warriors West Hartford, MA

updated 14:30 4/18/19
posting for searchability

4 Likes

New York is coming, pretty cool to see Shaker, StuyPulse, and GRR coming to New England.

7 Likes

and HYPE

2 Likes

and 5030

8 Likes

Don’t forget the Bad News Gears

Wow, this field looks LOADED, this is gonna be good!

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing 340 again! Hopefully your bus won’t get stuck again for 3 hours!

1 Like

Odd to see we’re not on the list.

It’s a shame I didn’t catch this post until after registration opened.

1 Like

The Colonials, Team 467, will be making our 20th appearance! Can’t wait!

Team 340 is excited to be registered for this amazing event. But with Detroit champs ending we got very distracted. That being said I’m trying to get the payment in on time I got the email that I registered team 340 for battle cry but I never received how to pay for the registration. With the deadline coming up I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Ps if there is a contact email I can email that would be great as well.

We’re having the same issue; I sent Colleen a pm, and sent an email to rbe@wpi.edu. I don’t think that’s a good contact email for this event.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I’ve been traveling with my own team so I haven’t had time to respond to inquiries. I had no intention on opening registration before Detroit (to avoid this potential issue) but was getting so many emails and messages daily I opened it to calm those nerves.

The payment info was in the form confirmation. I will email it out to teams later today as well.

You can always reach out via bc or battlecry @ wpi dot edu or via the webpage www.wpi.edu/+bc

4 Likes

Are there any official rule changes?

2 Likes

They haven’t been released yet. There are some theories of rule changes in the NE discord

Rule changes were posted today: https://wp.wpi.edu/battlecry/rules-of-engagement/

1 Like