BattleCry@WPI--One SPOT OPEN!

One of the 42 teams just had to drop out of BattleCry. Here’s your last chance to get into this biggest and best BC ever. Special features include “Barring the Raise” mini-robot contest, “Sharpshooter” contest, free Fri BBQ and Ice Cream Social, free Sat lunch, free commemorative T-shirts, and the historic re-match of the #1 and #2 robots of the inaugural 1992 FIRST “Maize Craze” game. As usual all the bells and whistles expected of a BattleCry comp (instant replay, slo-mo, team interviews, all teams into elimination series, campaign ribbons for all teams, all matches recorded and available on-line, etc…). Check out the site and sign up via the Warrior link.

Ken

Ken,

For all the Fantasy FIRST geeks out there, what team dropped out of Battlecry?

Should be a great event! Can’t wait to take part!

-Andy Grady

125–NUTRONS :frowning:

Ken

Yup, unfortunately our team couldn’t make it :o

Ken,

For all the Fantasy FIRST geeks out there, what team dropped out of Battlecry?

Should be a great event! Can’t wait to take part!

-Andy Grady

Doh! They were mine :frowning:

hi,Erin Rapacki this is jj from team1027 ,and what to no if you are going to BattleCry .if you are ,I wood like to interview u

Barring the Raise? What’s that? and another thing… What happens if your team has two HPs?

i would firgure your best one goes… cause it is for “all the glory” of the Best Human Player in the North East…

its tough because we are almost identical shooting… hmmmmm

Check out the Special Operations Award description and graphic on the site. You’ll note that this contest pits 4 drivers operating identical IFI-derived robots trying to “raise” their robots from the carpet up to a goal above the top FIRST FRENZY platform. Each platform “raise” is via an ever-decreasing number of ramps…could be some interesting blocking stategies.

The Sharpshooter Award actually uses 3 or 4 team members, but one gets to shoot–choose your best one!

Ken

I’m still confused… I guess I’ll just wait and see…

I’m curious… do you have any pictures of the mini-bots they’ll be driving during the “Barring the Raise” competition? How big are they? I like the idea… very much.

If I can find our pictures from the EDU bot competition that was held at WPI in december I’ll send them to you… That was soooooooooooooo much fun… I can’t wait till next year!!!

Actually–there are no pix–we are still building them! The robots will be 2-wheel drive with a caster-skid. Rough wheel track is 7 in, overall length is about 10 in. All four robots will be identical except for a colored inflated balloon (that will identify the teams and be a key part in the final objective!). If you look carefully at the field diagram on the site you can see the ramps vary in width. The lower ramps are straight-sided and 9 inches wide, the upper ones are tapered and are wide enough on their lower edges for 2 robots to start up together…but there will not be enough room for 2 robots to make it to the top together. Should be interesting…

Ken