Beatty

Allright… the anticipation is killing me, and I’m sick of waiting.

It’s 2:45PM here in NY, which means by now, everyone in Chicago has seen the BEAST…

I’ll give a Dew to the first person to post a GOOD picture of Team Hammond - 71’s bot with description of it’s function.

There has been so much speculation, and anticipation… my curiosity is killing me!

I guess this is what happens when the 3 time (2 time defending) national champion doesn’t release so much as a teaser.

I’m with ^. I have been dieing to see the BEAST this year. Come on some one has to have a pic.

I have to admit, I gotsta know what the BEAST does this year. Im just so curious as to what they thought was the best approach to this game.

the one thing that makes me so mad, is that there a a couple hundred lucky people out there who knows what the BEAST does/looks like, and dare say it, BUT IM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

aah! someone tell us!:ahh: :ahh:

hmmm… I’m in Chicago… and I guess I did see the Beatty bot… unfortunately I will refrain from commenting on it until it performs. They sat out all of their practice matches while they were working on the bot so nobody has seen anything yet.

No…no, please tell what you think so far. Atleast speculation at this point. Do they look like a powerful/KOTH robot. Please, just a little info!

hmmm… I’m in Chicago… and I guess I did see the Beatty bot… unfortunately I will refrain from commenting on it until it performs. They sat out all of their practice matches while they were working on the bot so nobody has seen anything yet.

man that is cruel.
at least give us a hint?

I can’t find DanLevin247’s phone number or I would know. :frowning: sorry guys.

You have got to spill your guts man.

We are dying out here :wink:

Joe J

Ooh, they look like a BEAST… maybe that’s just because they are… :smiley:

Seriously though, I’m not going to say anything until I see them actually do something. I’m not big on speculation.

I guess you’ll just have to wait for the matches to be posted on www.soap108.com in order to find out.

You can thank me later Kenny. :smiley:

We have pics…we will upload them in a bit…i wanna eat din din first.

So you’ll all have to wait a few mins:)

We have a bunch…

And i stayed late tonight and was sitting near their pit watching, VERY VERY VERY NICE!!! Their autonomous is working great. very cool bot.

<edit> Okay so i just got confirmation that i am infact allowed to post images of their bot…so as soon as we get the drivers workin on this computer they will be up…or maybe we can get another one working. But they will be coming soon.

As to why they didnt get up and running today, they decided to drop part of their strategy so they ripped off their stacker and replaced it with a beefier frame…they were up and running by the time the pit closed and i doubt if they will disapoint.</edit>

Here is what I observed and what was explained to me by them at Chicago:

They had a lot of work still to do on their bot. As was already mentioned, they did not have a chance to run in any of the practice matches.

They are what I call a “DanG bot” or as 234 calls them, a flailer. They say they originally had a stacker along with this function, but decided to remove it and beef up their frame and design as a flailer. The device is a set of telescoping PVC pipes that they can rotate up into position just above tha wall and then rotate it and counter-rotate to hit the stacks multiple times. Can’t wait to see it in action.

They do have a unique device to keep themselves on the HDPE - I will keep their secret for now, but here is a hint - think of those reuseable lint rollers.

Anyway, as was also already mentioned, until we see them run tomorrow, it is difficult to judge how effective they will be. But watch out - they sure know how to compete.

Alright, now I have the satisfaction that I was right in their main robot function of an arm!:cool: I still want pictures though!

coming soon…pictures!

lint rollers, eh?
hmmm I might haveto stay up and wait for the dwarf’s pictures…
Hurry up, it’s past my bedtime!

*Originally posted by RogerR *
**lint rollers, eh?
hmmm I might haveto stay up and wait for the dwarf’s pictures…
Hurry up, it’s past my bedtime! **

LOL…I wonder how many people are thinking that exact same thing. I know I am.

He better post some if he plans on not having his team’s robot sabotaged at Nat’s… I can just see John bubbling with angst :wink: A lot of angry people might be angry at one dwarf… :slight_smile: Hurry up with those pictures!

I’m exhausted from the first day of Philadelphia, but everyone knows what that feels like.

Joe3 and I are waiting in anticipation to see what awesome bot was built this year, even though we’re half asleep…hope the robot doesnt break tomorrow because we’ll be too tired to fix it. lol

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, now lets see these pics

i dont know much about about their bot, but from what i heard in cleveland from an engineer on their team their battery is low in about 5 seconds…thats all he would say, expect that they dont really need it after then…but if they have a “flailer” i might be wrong

why was an engineer from their 71 in Cleveland… that’s what I want to know. For some reason I think Beatty is smarter than that to be able to use that much electricity that quickly. It would take a short somewhere to lose it that fast.

Mmmm… Toaster Bot

in cleveland cuz his kid is on the purdue team…yeah, im wondering if this is true it seemed quite odd when i first heard it too