Behind the Bumpers - FRC 1690 Orbit

https://youtu.be/rnpB8KXTd7U Known for their incredible programming and tele-op scoring 1690 is an outstanding team and their Rapid React robot is the real deal. Listen in on everything including their amazing programming and feedback that they utilize for success on Behind the Bumpers.

10 Likes

Wow!
Doing complex things AND building great visualization tools. That’s an important combo for getting it to work.

Great Interview. As @Tyler_Olds said . . . speechless

3 Likes

I posted this somewhere else but I always think this is interesting when we do interviews hearing the difference between what I hear during interviews in the pits especially ones with a loud speaker near by (like 1690’s) compared to what you hear from the microphones we use. This is unedited audio coming from a pretty nice set of stereo microphones on my camcorder compared to the handhelds we use.

2 Likes

I was amazed by many things that 1690 did in software this year, but their visualization tools are the thing that I am most jealous of.

5 Likes

That dashboard is so dang cool.

1690 - is that all stemming from that OrbitDashboard you have in your git repo? I want to build something like that

2 Likes