Being Picky, but.......

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/5/2001 7:30 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Morning everyone, I expect a lot of posts today, basically all of CT’s schools are closed, and I bet surrounding states are doing the same (even though there isn’t a flake on the ground).

Anyway, so nice of FIRST to tell us that the agendas for the regionals were up (who knew? Thats ok, I still love them anyway)…and it’s a normal agenda for all the regionals…

Thursday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 8PM (Pit closes)
Friday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 5PM (Team Party)/6PM (Pit Closes)
Saturday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 5PM (Pit Closes & All crates packed)

This follows for all the regionals, except for a few…NYC starts an hour later on Thursday & Friday, KSC goes from 8-5 each day (what about that extra 3 pit hours on thursday?), and West Michigan doesn’t have a schedule up yet.

Any reason why the inconsistency?

-Jessica B, #237, just being picky :wink:

Posted by Erin at 2/5/2001 11:09 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Being Picky, but…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/5/2001 7:30 AM EST:

West Michigan is going to be SO COOL that they haven’t decided how to arrange it yet because it is just going to be one of the best competitions. That’s why there isn’t a schedule yet, because there is just going to be so many cool people there and so many things to do. It will be the best!!

Well, one of the best second to Great Lakes :slight_smile:

-erin
“Snoochie Bootchies!”

Posted by Steve Prairie at 2/5/2001 11:18 AM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

They probably posted the agendas because alot of people were asking for them. Some of them were probably final, and some of them wern’t probably revised yet. I think they’ll have the inconsistencies worked out soon…i hope.

Whats with this snow day… Vernon doesn’t have a drop of snow on the ground… o well, i better have 10 inches by tonight.

Steve Prairie
RAGE 173

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/5/2001 11:43 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: I’d hafta say so… ; )
Posted by Steve Prairie on 2/5/2001 11:18 AM EST:

: Whats with this snow day… Vernon doesn’t have a drop of snow on the ground… o well, i better have 10 inches by tonight.

Ellington? My grand-parents live up there, and every time I talk about robots & my team they go on about this team they saw in the paper and that team they read about…usually its about the Bobcats, though, because we go by the South Windsor exit to get to their exit.

I just looked outside, and its snowing pretty heavy…you should be getting it soon, if not already.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Tom S. at 2/5/2001 1:12 PM EST

Student on team #177, The Bobcats, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells.

In Reply to: OT: How far are you to…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/5/2001 11:43 AM EST:

Yep… my grandparents live in Ellington, and they always get newspaper articles about us, or RAGE… It just started snowing about an hour ago here, and we now have 2"

grrr, i was gonna work on the electronics during study hall today… guess thats not gonna happen :frowning:

Tom
#177 - The Bobcats

Posted by Steve Prairie at 2/5/2001 3:02 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

In Reply to: OT: How far are you to…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/5/2001 11:43 AM EST:

: Ellington? My grand-parents live up there, and every time I talk about robots & my team they go on about this team they saw in the paper and that team they read about…usually its about the Bobcats, though, because we go by the South Windsor exit to get to their exit.

Vernon/Rockville is right bellow Ellington. Your grand-parents probably have read alot about the Bobcats and RAGE from the Hartford Courant and the Journal Inquirer (Manchester). Keep an eye on the Hartford Courant, we have a journalist following us around and doing some pieces on RAGE and a few other UTC teams.

Steve Prairie
RAGE 173

p.s. I have a good 12 inches of snow now :wink:

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/5/2001 4:27 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: OT: How far are you to…
Posted by Steve Prairie on 2/5/2001 3:02 PM EST:

: Vernon/Rockville is right bellow Ellington. Your grand-parents probably have read alot about the Bobcats and RAGE from the Hartford Courant and the Journal Inquirer (Manchester). Keep an eye on the Hartford Courant, we have a journalist following us around and doing some pieces on RAGE and a few other UTC teams.

Trust me, I have about as many articles about your teams in my room as articles on my own team (they clip them out and hand them all over to me every time I see them).

BTW, Congrats to the Nonnebots (#38) for their article in the Waterbury Republican-American (front - Local Section) and the Bridgeport team (#491) sponsored by UTC Skikorsky for their FRONT PAGE article in the Connecticut Post today. Great job!

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Joe Ross at 2/5/2001 11:42 AM EST

Engineer on team #330, Beach Bot, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL , J&F Machine, and Raytheon.

Most of the inconsistencies probably come from the facility that the regional is held at. For example it is quite possible that KSC closes at 5, and they weren’t willing to keep even part of it open for FIRST.

Same thing in New York, they may be used to opening at 9 on weekdays and they are making FIRST go along.

It may not be ideal, but it sure beats having two less regionals :slight_smile:

Posted by Anton Abaya at 2/5/2001 11:21 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NONE AT THE MOMENT! :(.

: Morning everyone, I expect a lot of posts today, basically all of CT’s schools are closed, and I bet surrounding states are doing the same (even though there isn’t a flake on the ground).

: Anyway, so nice of FIRST to tell us that the agendas for the regionals were up (who knew? Thats ok, I still love them anyway)…and it’s a normal agenda for all the regionals…

: Thursday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 8PM (Pit closes)
: Friday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 5PM (Team Party)/6PM (Pit Closes)
: Saturday: 8AM (Pit opens) - 5PM (Pit Closes & All crates packed)

: This follows for all the regionals, except for a few…NYC starts an hour later on Thursday & Friday, KSC goes from 8-5 each day (what about that extra 3 pit hours on thursday?), and West Michigan doesn’t have a schedule up yet.

: Any reason why the inconsistency?

: -Jessica B, #237, just being picky :wink:

ahhhh!!!