Best 2 in 1 Intakes You Have Seen

What are the best multipurpose 2 in 1 (Cargo and Hatch Panel) intakes that you have seen this year? To follow that up, what multipurpose intakes in general this year just stood out to you?

1 Like

3 Likes

1684 and other comparable intakes.

6 Likes

1 Like

I’m partial to suction, but I’m biased.

4 Likes

I’m biased because I designed ours but I liked 302 or something like it. 3324 also was good

1 Like

Like everyone else, I’m definitely biased, but I like our solution.

2 Likes

1684 and comparable for sure. We designed our intake as an integration of our old ball intake and the 1684 arms, and when it worked, it worked really well. (Sadly we had a bunch of stupid mechanical and sensor issues this season) You can see it in the second half of our teaser

971 for sure.

Edit: I’m going to add why I think 971’s is the best. They hold and do game station retrieval of both game pieces with one “actuation” (the suction pump).

2 Likes

2767, 1684. 2767 has a very reliable and fast suction style intake which is mounted on an arm so bonus points for that, and 1684 has one of the most unique and efficient wheeled intakes which I’m still amazed by

Not to toot my own horn, but, well…
toot

That said, 971’s is the best I’ve seen up close.

Here is a link to 1684’s reveal for anyone else who hadn’t seen it before (since it’s been mentioned quite a bit).

2 Likes

I’ll second 5190. The Falcons did a very clever take on the roller intake that let them cycle far faster than anyone else at FNC DCMP. It’s an impressive thing to watch.

2 Likes

I must say The Kuhnigits 1939 had one of the best dual purpose intakes in Central Missouri this week. The speed of their cargo intake was very hard to beat.

2 Likes

Absolutely

5012 is very good. So is 2073

My vote is for 3310 and its simplicity

2 Likes

I really like our simplification of the 1684 2-in-1 for this exact instance, and another at 1:32 (you might need to use the less than/ greater than brackets to catch them frame by frame).

While we don’t have a horizontal top roller, the compliance of a relatively weak air cylinder and the downward angled geometry of our intake arms allows them to sideswipe a ball and still intake without issue, effectively doubling the usable width of our cargo intake without adding an extra motor. The lack of a large horizontal roller also makes it easier to intake cargo stuck in corners.

1 Like

3468 was pretty happy with theirs. Considering how simple, yet effective it was.

Screenshot_2019-04-08_14-19-48

1 Like

125’s combo intake with floor-based collector is super effective.

1 Like