Best Anime You've Ever Seen!

Just look at the title. :smiley: What is the best anime you have EVER seen and why?

Mine?

Gankustuou, based on the French classic, The Count of Monte Cristo. It’s one of those weird but interesting vampire/revenge animes that keep you entertained for hours. The unique graphics and coloring make you all dizzy at first but you get used to it. There’s even the best fight scene I’ve ever seen in this anime. I absolutely love it.

What’s your favorite?

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/anime/princess_mononoke.jpg

I really liked evangelion. i haven’t seen a whole lot of anime, but EVA is probably the best. really good fight scenes, huge robots. it has that kind of disgusting, other-worldly allure to it. it’s also one of the few shows/movies/series i’ve seen in which none of the characters are “perfect” and good all the time.

i also really liked Fullmetal Alchemist. basic all-around goodness. funny parts, cool fighting, great story. the ending was kinda abrupt, though.

id have to say my favs are Inuyasha and FMA

EVA was a classic. That was great too. What makes it so unique is that the creator based all the in-depth, emotional stuff on his experiences of depression and stuff. The whole anime is also like a religious controversy in itself.

Fullmetal Alchemist was really good, very well rounded. I agree with you on the ending. They definitely rushed the last episodes.

I gotta say the best I’ve seen was Ichigo 100%. But FLCL ( Furi Curi) is a close second. Ichigo 100% was never dubbed into English but the fan-sub is still around. It’s my favorite because it’s very ecchi and the situation the protagonist is in is so heart-wrenching.

I haven’t seen evangelion but I’ve read it’s very good, also consider how long ago the series was made and how people still discuss it’s relevance. I’ve also heard many good things about bleach and Fruits Basket ( although the latter is only a manga ) .

Fruits Basket is in fact an anime now. I’ve seen a few episodes. Bleach is also very very good. Although I predict it’ll go on and on just like Inuyasha, which has yet to end even after 100 or so episodes.

Evangelion is just an awsome anime, no matter what. I would definately say it is just as good, if not better, than the Gundam franchise.

And speaking of which, I’m surprised no one has mentioned any of the Gundam series whatsoever. Personally, I enjoy Gundam Wing, 08th MS series, 0083. Those were probabaly the best of the all the series.

I’m also surprised no one has mentioned the OVA, Escaflowne. When I first saw this on Adult Swim, I wanted more right then and there :smiley:

Other honorable mentions are…

-Rurouni Kenshin (though, the OVA(s) were much better), because we need our daily dosage of Samurai goodness somehow ;D
-Cowboy Bebop
-Naruto, for reasons similar to Kenshin, but for Ninjas rather than the Samurai =D
-Trigun: Need I say more? :smiley:

the only one that i have ever like is nasika…

I like Loony toons. Anime is all done with computer and layers. Looneytoons are glass cut outs on oil painting backdrops. Now thats art!

(dont get me wrong though, Japanese anime is still pretty awesome sometimes :smiley: )

inuyasha and .hack//sign

both are my co faves

Being a Scifi geek I love Ghost in the Shell.

ROBOTECH ! its old school, giant mecha that can transform into planes and fly in space
Full Metal Panic. very hot ladies, some attractive men (not that I’d know just what I’m told) AND LOTS OF BIG ROBOT BATTLES!
and so…much…more…

i agree that looney tunes were the best ever… i love the animaniacs

The Gundam series were the best mecha animes I’ve ever seen. My favorites are Gundam Wing and both SEED series (Gundam SEED And Gundam SEED Destiny).

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were very very good. If you liked those, you should watch Samurai Champloo. The director did both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. I enjoyed those very much. ^^

I could’ve sworn they ended inuyasha after 167 episodes and 4 movies. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=159

My favorites have to be FLCL and .Hack//sign
Can’t get any funnier than FLCL and .Hack//sign is simply gorgeous.

For anime movies though I’d have to say anything by Hayao Miyazaki is the best.

Actually I have been watching Samurai “Shampoo” :stuck_out_tongue:

The hip-hop influence that the show has is just amazing and, somehow, they got it to fit in the time era, which surprised me a lot O.o;;;

.Hack//sign was good, but only the first storyline. The second one (with the Kite and Black Rose look-a-likes) has some decent information, but was too lighthearted for me compared to the first story >_>

Nope, they never really made an ending to Inuyasha. FLCL was… unique. I have never seen an anime like it, I can admit that. .hack//sign was pretty good. I never really watched it to completion.

My top 5, in no particular order:

1. Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
  2. Trigun
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist
  4. Samurai Champloo
  5. Naruto (SO happy they didn’t screw around with this too much in translation)