Best movies of the year

I was just wondering what your top five movies of the year are? And if you can pick a favorite what is it? Since there hasn’t been much of a selection this year I’ve posted the top 20 in my mind, you can disagree however, that’s what makes this fun

here’s my top 5

In no particular order

Mr & Mrs Smith
Sin City
Sky High
Batman Begins
The 40 Year Old Virgin

I didn’t really like batman i think War of the Worlds should take its place. It was very instructional to my own plans of world domination plans. I seriously need to get some people to dust cloud guns! :smiley: Also Sky High? :confused:

Yeah, seriously, I was going to vote for it as a joke, but… wow. :eek:

I thought Mr and Mrs Smith was garbage, and normally those are the kind of movies I like.

I’d have to say my favorite so far is The 40 Year Old Virgin. It’s probably one of the funniest movies of all time.

Yes Sky High, lol. Mock me if you will, but this IS the family movie of the year. It’s fun to keep you entertained, but not so much as to be a true kids movie. At the theater I work at we had a preview of Sky High , and everyone in the audience loved it. Now I’m not talking about kids here, they were 20 year olds absolutely loving it.

Well you would know more than me here but still Sky High… I guess I could see that… so seriously why isn’t War of the Worlds up their. I just love those crazy aliens! :smiley:

Uh oh… I actually agree with Cory on this one… :ahh:

Maybe it’s just because it’s the only movie I saw off that list so far this year.

I want to see War Of The Worlds, so I can see our neighboring town in there where they shot some scenes for it.

Also, Dukes of Hazzard… Gotta see that one of these days, not for any reason but the General Lee… w00t Mopar Muscle.

Oh, and for anyone who saw Dukes, is this scene from the movie?
http://www.e39.nl/GeneralLee.mpeg

Oh, come on… the last (produced) Star Wars finally comes out and you can’t vote for it? What’s wrong with you people?!? :wink:

This is the very reason I’ve been to the movies twice in the past year. That or the ridiculous prices.

No i think George Lucas screwed up as soon as he started using complex computer graphics and stopped using puppets. The colors became too vivid and the objects became to fanatical. It just ripped away the reality in the movie.

Amusingly enough, I’ve only seen Kung Fu Hustle from that list, but it was fresh, clean, and funny and so would probably trounce the entire list\ even had I seen them all. Kung Fu Hustle for teh win >_<

Sorry but I think Mr. and Mrs. was a HORRIBLE movie. Batman Begins was amazing. beginning was a little drawn out, but that movie was great. Especially the tank.

Where’s March of the Penguins or Mad Hot Ballroom? :slight_smile:

I only picked the top 20 or so based on their success at the box office…so while you might not agree with my list, post your own and let the debate begin.

four brothers was really realllllly good. but…i dont see the penguin movie on here :frowning: that was really cute and good.

I picked Sin City as the best movie I have seen this year (so far). The acting in the movie was a bit wooden.

However,

I was blown away by both the story and the cinematography(sp?). I could see the comic book stills jumping out at me when I watched it. It was the first time I had left a movie slackjawed in a very long time.

-Aaron

I did not vote on the best movie of the year yet, but the worst movie of the year is Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou.

It was a waste of time and money to see.

The cover looked cool when I rented it but, it was so boring and impossible to watch.

Anyone else agree?

Wowie, I only picked SWIII because it was a Star Wars flick.

I loved Cinderella Man, it was a fantastic film that was totally released at the wrong time. Wedding Crashers, on the other hand, was sleazy and obnoxious…I couldn’t stand it.

I thought Meet the Fockers was really good. :slight_smile:

I voted Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because of the amazing twists that Tim Burton put in the film that separated it from the book… That, and I like candy.

The second movie I liked was Kung Fu Hustle… Who doesn’t like a Matrix-esque action film? :slight_smile:

Star Wars Episode III was pretty good, but much the acting was horrendous (remembers scene where Darth Vader yells ‘nooooo’…oh…the horror).