Best Sound Ever

I think next to the da da da da da-da at the start of each match the best sound ever is the “popping noise” in Inventor when you finally get an assembly constraint to be valid after an hour of endless errors. Does anyone agree?

Gotta disagree with you on this one. I really got used to and came to expect the sound effects of the bowling pins dropping as the balls were released from the overhead ball corral this past year during matches.

I hope they bring that sound back for some aspect of Triple Play, or if not this year, then in some other upcoming game at least… :slight_smile:

personally, i miss the bell that signaled the beginning of auto mode in 2003.

For the Inventor popping sound, all of a sudden it is gone. Like just now I’m seriousit won’t do it any more. Sound on my computer is fine. Any ideas? Is there an option in Inventor for it?

My favorite sound is the end buzzer. It was great to hear last year when your robot was still hanging.

My favorite sound is the end buzzer. It was great to hear last year when your robot was still hanging.

That was supposed to be a foghorn right??

The foghorn was for when a match was stopped prematurely. The buzzer signaled a real, honest-to-goodness end of a match.

Best sound ever: the gentle sighing sound of the short “waterfall” of glaze that the Krispy Kreme donuts go through right after they are dipped out of the fryer, and just before they are popped into an expectant mouth.

-dave

I’d argue that the best sound ever would be the band at USC breaking out into the fight song at a football game after a score. (We should have a lot of that next season, thanks to the old ball coach.)

That, or 2001 at the start of the game.

And if neither of those make any sense to you–you need to experience a USC football game. Carolina fans stick around, even during 0-11 seasons. (And yes, we’ve had one of those.)

i think the best sound ever is sound of a slipping drill transmission…click click click…