Best way to make money!

Ok people are team has found out a good way to make money…

Domino’s makes buy one get one free pizza card good for up to 20 uses… now the price to get the card is a $1 for a card and you are suposed to sell it for $10 under contract. a $9 profit… you do the math and they sell like flies

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Domino’s makes buy one get one free pizza card good for up to 20 uses… now the price to get the card is a $1 for a card and you are suposed to sell it for $10 under contract. a $9 profit… you do the math and they sell like flies

We are selling them too, However I personally have not had much luck in doing it. Some people have, I havnt. I’ve been trying for a week and i havn’t sold one out of the 10 we are supposed to be selling. I either get the reply “i dont have the money” or “i hate domino’s pizza” :ahh:

Yeah we got a lot of thoughs too… but you have to contiunue on! it will pay off we got a lot of thoughs remarks and now we are just starting to sell and sell big… so hang in there buddy your almost home.

or you use those to buy pizzas and sell them…

Pizza Hut makes cards like this, buy a large, get a free medium…$10 for 12 pizzas. You make $6 profit from each…they are less profit than Dominoes, but Pizza Hut does better.

I’d recommend an Itek DPM2340 digital platemaker

and an ABDick 9985 offset press.

Its hard to get the right color of green ink, and paper with the right color and texture, but once you get the press running you can knock off sheets of $20’s or $100’s at about 80 sheets per hour.

Oh wait, did you mean make money or earn money?

:c)

We did the pizza cards as well, We have a lot leftover! They were not very big sellers. Our total profit was just under $750.00. We used Domino’s, and we have a fairly large college (Keene State College) located right next to Domino’s. We tried to sell cards to the college kids with NO luck! Seems no one likes Domino’s!

We had more sucess hosting a magic show, we hired a professional magician who is well known in our town and offered to split the door with him. We hosted the show at our School auditorium, and had a snack bar, sold raffle tickets, sold 50/50 tickets, and sold our t-shirts and hats. In one night our profit was $1,700.00. It is a lot of work putting the show together but it is worth it in the end.

*Originally posted by DirtyBird213 *
**We had more sucess hosting a magic show, we hired a professional magician who is well known in our town and offered to split the door with him. We hosted the show at our School auditorium, and had a snack bar, sold raffle tickets, sold 50/50 tickets, and sold our t-shirts and hats. In one night our profit was $1,700.00. It is a lot of work putting the show together but it is worth it in the end. **

That’s an interesting idea! Our team really needs more ideas for fundraising :rolleyes:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 4:55 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Fundraising

Hi Cheryl,

I came across your robotics site while surfing the Internet and want to help. I see that you are seriously in need to raising funds. I’m not sure if it’s late for this year but I want to put this offer on the table for you to consider.

I don’t know if you are familiar with the Engineering Education Service Center but we offer several pre-engineering publications for high school and mature middle school. Although we are going through a very rough time I wanted to offer our publications as fundraisers. The Beach City Robotics Team could sell them and keep 40% of the sale. For example, “Is There an Engineer Inside You?” sells for $15.95 so you would make $6.38 on every book. Overall, you should be able to raise $500-$2000 or better (depends how ambitious your students are).

We’ve never done a fundraiser before but would be happy to learn quickly. The graduation months (May & June) are usually a very good time to do a program like this. I just spent the last hour reading everything on your website and want to help somehow. Check out our site and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Celeste Baine
President - Engineering Education Service Center
Editor - The Pre-Engineering Times
Author - Is There an Engineer Inside You? - Voted the most popular engineering career guide at Amazon.com!
PO Box 70326, Eugene, OR 97401
877-644-6337 toll free, 541-988-1008 fax
http://www.engineeringedu.com

We had a certain pizza coupon sale that was an extremely good deal. Like 20 times better than mentioned above. We too got them for a dollar and had trouble selling them for $5

One team at Silicon Valley had raffled off an old robot.

Dominos is in the next town over and they dont deliver to us…

Here is what team 213 did to raise money this year. First in July we sell refreshments at the local fair in the grandstands during events, such as the demolition derby, we did this for 5 days, had a lot of rain and made $1,600.00. We are hoping for less rain this year, and the fair association is looking into us selling 50/50 tickets there as well. In October we sell coffee and hot chocolate (which is usually donated to us) at our towns annual Pumpkin Festival. Our town holds the world record for having the most lit jack-o-lanterns in one area (25,000+ it is so cool to see). In one night we raised $850.00. At both of these events we showcase our robots, we even tried to sell drive time on the machine but found that it was mostly little kids and they did more harm than good to our machines. Our next fundraiser was the Boston Coffee catalog sales. Bad timing before the holidays when every elementary school is also doing catalog sales. We did make $800.00. This was followed by the famous pizza cards that I mentioned above with a $750.00 profit. We hosted the magic show which I mentioned already, that raised $1,600.00. We are in the process of doing a raffle right now. One of our parents donated an Xbox or Playstation 2 for the top prize. We have 45 other prizes that were also donated. We are hoping to make $1,200.00 on this. We made $950.00 by soliciting donations from local companies. Here is a new fundraiser we are thinking of doing this summer as well, The International Speedway in Loudon NH which hosts Nascar races hires non profit groups to help clean the stands after the Winston Cup races. If we have 20 people from our group go to clean for the 4 days they need (the time averages 4 hours) they will donate $7.00/hour per kid. We figured it out to be $3,300.00 for 16 hours of work.
I hope some of this helps your team, and good luck with the fund-raising.

OK, to make lots of money:

1. You find a place thats giving away a free product(i.e. juice)

2. You then place alot of this product (ex. juice) into a vehicle (like so).

3. Sell Product (juice) at 100% Profit.

juice.jpg

juice.jpg

We are having pretty good luck raffling off robotic vacuum cleaners, called Roomba’s. We buy it for $250 or so (after we have sold some tickets so we have the money for it), and then sell 500 tickets at $5.00 each. Once the tickets are sold, we do the drawing, and then do it again. Last year, we got a lot of prizes donated, ran around picking them up, etc. This is simpler.

The Roomba is made by iRobot which is a high tech robotics company. They are the company that made the body for NASA/JPL’s “Urban Robot”, also known as “Urbie”, a backpackable robot that can go upstairs, avoid obstacles, etc. In other words, they know how to make robots.

If you are at a private school or a school that uses uniforms (like I do) then you could go to your school administration and ask if you could have a Civi’s or Dressdown day. The catch is any student who dress’s down has to pay $1-$2. Our school has about 1500-2000 students, so in about 1 day we made $1500 :-p

It works VERY VERY well.

If you go to a non-uniform school then you could have a crazy hat day or something like that.

It works very well and you can have like 3-5 of them per year. We usually do this to pay off school dances or student government money :wink: :wink:

Team 1020 (The Prank Monkeys) hosted a duct tape party. We sold duct tape to students, and the students taped teachers to the wall.
We had the teachers stand on chairs (each foot on a separate chair) against a brick wall in one of our lounges. The students then chose their victim of choice.
The duct tape party has been our best fundraiser yet.

i was wondering…how much money di you guys make from that duct tape raiser?