Beta test for Minecraft rendition of Crescendo

This is a very early prototype for a Minecraft server where people can team up and play Crescendo. We plan to continue to work on it until we make it public. This project is being worked on by students on team 7790.

60 Likes

lol I like how they are just punching each other throughout the game :rofl:

8 Likes

They’re taking advantage of the medium

2 Likes

Ok, this looks very fun. I’ll try to join the server, when it’s released to the public.

2 Likes

Super cool! I bet you could change the sprite models for armour pieces and make it your robot instead of just coloured armour pieces.

One of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while
Really makes me want to get back into minecraft
Is the code for this open source / will be at some point when it’s finished? Would love to play it for myself

3 Likes

There is no code. We did it all with command blocks.

12 Likes

Wow.
That’s a lot of effort
Would love to get a world download then when it’s finished!

5 Likes

You can turn that into a Datapack pretty easily, since there’s a plugin for VSC that lets you program in mc language, then anyone can use it for any world

2 Likes

It will eventually be a public server

5 Likes

that’s super cool !! i assume this was just made in vanilla ? i’m sure it must’ve taken a lot of time. would love to play in a server when it opens :D.

2 Likes

Yes, all vanilla. Thank you, we will continue to post any updates to the map/server.

1 Like

This looks awesome. I can’t wait to play it!!

If I may make a few suggestions:

1. Make a stage thing where the stage is supposed to go
  2. Make the amplification more obvious.
1 Like

This before GTA 6 is crazy

16 Likes

We made the stage but did it after the video was recorded.

1 Like

More videos/photos should be up tonight with new updates.

1 Like

why not just play xrc :thinking:

1 Like

real pro gamers play xrc :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This reminds me of when I tried to remake Rapid React a couple of years ago using a server side plugin. I actually got quite far, with custom models for the hub and robot, and also had scoring for both hubs as well and climbing (albeit very janky). I unfortunately lost the original world files for the map, and don’t seem to have any good screenshots left of the project :confused:

This version of Crescendo looks very cool (and using only command blocks too!). I would look into maybe trying to design some custom models based on real robots, and then having players be able to control them, could add quite a bit of immersion

Here is the code for my version of the project. It has a texture pack and the models I used.

8 Likes

Update!

Changes:

• Added Stage
  • Added lamp in Subwoofer for Amplification
  • Added title for Amplification
  • Added Trap scoring mechanism
  • Made Trap close after 3 scores
  • Fixed Bugs

Upcoming:

• Climb Scoring
  • Park Scoring