Bigest Bots?

i was taking a look and i think our 3003 Swampthing, Is the Bigest first robot Ever

If its not please show me

i think our (312) bot was pretty large, and the old version of team 68’s robot took up an obnoxious amount of real estate. I’m sure there’s more, but i just can’t think of them off the top of my head

Many of the ‘curtain bots’ this past year were quite large. I must say when 95 (Grasshoppers) unfolded this year they were quite a large structure.

heatwave Was great because it was a drill bot that worked amazingly but heatwave has a standard square wheelbase

Swamp thing Has 10.5’ foot superstructure with 6 wheels along the entire width, altho it was a drill bot that Barley worked,take it from me , IT IS the most Annoying thing to drive EVER!

As far as starting configurations go, Chief Delphi’s 2002 bot was the largest I’d ever seen. It was pretty close to the full 30"x36"x60" limit, since it was designed to hold a huge number of soccer balls. I always thought it looked like a refrigerator, myelf… So, if you’re talking starting configuration, the award definitely goes to 47. If you’re talking expanded configurations, I’m not sure who wins, but there were quite a few this year thate were pretty big.

*Originally posted by Tytus Gerrish *
**i was taking a look and i think our 3003 Swampthing, Is the Bigest first robot Ever

If its not please show me **

hmm… I never rellay got to look at your robot, but as far as big robots go, MOE (365) pic in their 2002 season wins that…

…It could reach from one side of the field to another, wall to wall and grab all 3 towers. It also had an extension that went a little farther than half the field lengthwise so it could be in the scoring zone.

Fully extended, 95 was roughly 6 feet long, or, long enough to completely span the white plastic, grid to grid.

But then, it was near impossible to drive.

Oh well, next year…

-Andy A.

in 2k2, our robot, was over 32 feet long, with our tether fully extened

In it’s original form Truck Town’s (68) was huge. After they downsized it, it was still pretty big. A couple other large ones I remember were Cyber Blue 234 and Kingman 60. Also, 980 had a very long telescoping arm. I haven’t seen any of the ones in the above posts in person.

Ok, here are the Big-bot Rules

Measurement counts only for the Permanent superstructure or wheelbase,
Non-Permanent attachments such as…tethers, nets, arms, flags etc… Don’t Count
and it had to pass an inspection at a First competition

*Originally posted by Tytus Gerrish *
**Ok, here are the Big-bot Rules

Measurement counts only for the Permanent superstructure or wheelbase,
Non-Permanent attachments such as…tethers, nets, arms, flags etc… Don’t Count
and it had to pass an inspection at a First competition **

Non-permanent attachments aren’t legal in FIRST rules.

This wouldn’t be designed to make sure your team’s monster wins, would it?

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**Non-permanent attachments aren’t legal in FIRST rules.

This wouldn’t be designed to make sure your team’s monster wins, would it? **

Its A total! coincidence, I Swear

The Craddle Robber from team 25 with its 12ft arm, when full extended

which btw, is attached firmly to the robot, ask 254, they attached to it one round and was yanking on it

I think that Swamp Thing’s robot was the biggest one I saw at competition this year. I didn’t really look at Nationals to much though, only at regionals.

I’ll have to agree with Jeff that as far as 47 in 2002 being HUGE! I know on my team we nick named it the ‘fridge’ and loved watching it.

I would think that the Beast last year was probably one of the bigger robots i ever saw, not only did it have the arms that grabbed all 3 goals, but the wheel base was also quiet large.

Chiefs 2002 certainly was huge…

But… for sheer volume of material :slight_smile:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=3956

Those wings are solid expansion foam.

I don’t usually mention my own bots in threads like these, but we were very proud of how huge/strong/light those wings came out.

As far as I know, no one else has ever done anything like that.

*Originally posted by JVN *
**Those wings are solid expansion foam.

I don’t usually mention my own bots in threads like these, but we were very proud of how huge/strong/light those wings came out.

As far as I know, no one else has ever done anything like that. **

And what was that foam made of, John? :stuck_out_tongue: Care to tell the story?

I think the game ion 2001 has had the biggest robots.

Take ours for example…

It went from being THIS BIG (19 feet 6 inches long) and failing miserably…

To the shrunk down version of THIS WEE LITTLE THING!! and doing a pretty good job down in Florida…

Remember kids, there was a nice grace period that FIRST once gave us to take our robot home after regionals…
Yep, we were pretty busy those few days!!

LOL

I know that our pit partners the Techno Ticks (236) appreciated the new found space in their pits at Nationals that we were forced to take over at the Regionals!!