Bin Stacks

If I have 5 Bins in my scoring zone upright and 1 Bin laying on its side, cocked, what is my score? It should be 20 right?

The bin on its side is on the top?

And it would depend how many other bins are in your zone…

Six bins in the scoring zone, five sitting right-side-up, not stacked, and the sixth sitting on one of the short sizes. This sounds like a score of 10 points ( 5 scoring bins * stack height multiplier ).

But the 5 are on the floor and the 6th is on the floor stand it side so it is the tallest bin on our scoring side. This makes it count as 2 bins when it is measured against the scoring Rod that they used at the kick-off?

*Originally posted by Brad Swindell *
**But the 5 are on the floor and the 6th is on the floor stand it side so it is the tallest bin on our scoring side. This makes it count as 2 bins when it is measured against the scoring Rod that they used at the kick-off? **

Yes. All a stack has to do is break the next height level’s plane to be worth that multiplier value. It doesn’t necessarilly have that many bins standing on top of one another.

it’s simple. your 6th bin is in the 2x mult. then you have your five others. your score is then 2 x 5 = 10.

Yes I know, but does that count as a score of 10, 5pts for the 5 bins on the floor upright and 0pts for the multiplier bin “2x” breaking the hight plane. 5 x 2 is 10 right. I am sorry is said 20 up there, I meant 10.

Accordint to rule 7.6: “The total base score is then multiplied by the height in
whole Stack Height Units (SHU) of the multiplier stack. A whole Stack Height Unit (15-1/4 inches) is the height of an individual container as it sits flat on its bottom.”

So,

Stack Height Units (SHU) = 2 (The 1 of 6 boxes on its side)
Base Score = 4 (6 total minus SHU of 2)
Total Score = 2 * 5 = 8