Bittorrent Stuff

What clients do you use for Bittorrent? And where do you get your torrents from? Just out of curiousity. :slight_smile:

just a little FYI for ya

I use ABC (there are alot of ligitimate reasons for bit- torrent

for live concerts (phish, grateful dead, pink floyd, etc) i used the message board on sharingthegroove.org

BitTorrent is not illegal. I get lots of legal files from it.

I just use the regular bittorrent app…haven’t gotten around to getting anything else yet.

I don’t think using BitTorrent programs for illegal activities is right, but I do use it for the legal aspects (it’s the same as the whole P2P issue).

I use BitTornado for my client, and I goto one site, but I won’t post it here for a few reasons. If you do want it, just PM me or something.

If it’s not legal to post, why are you telling people to contact you to pass on the illegal information?

What if someone wants the link for BitTornado to use it for legal purposes? He may not want to post the link of the site because it would be open for anyone to use, which means anyone may use it for illegal purposes. Maybe he wants to know what reasons the person wants BitTornado before he will give someone the link to it.

That would be a few reasons I could think of WHY.

It may also contain some more adult content which wouldn’t be appropriate to advertise here/anywhere. (A lot of the more “illegal” websites do. Although they also contain plenty of legal stuff.)

Thanks for the warning, Mike. I’ll refrain from future such posts.

I never said it wasn’t legal to post. It’s just that it has a “mature” section of the site.

“By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.”

It’s not my fault for what people do at the site, but I won’t post it for everyone to see. It’s also not my fault if people use the site for illegal activities.

The posts found in this thread are of no way representing any other member of Team 5, the RoboCards besides myself explicitly. I take full responsibility for my words, but not for other’s actions.

I use Azureus from http://azureus.sf.net and www.legaltorrents.com is what I prefer.

wait, the rules do say no discussion of “file-sharing programs”. Of course, if you ask me, if that includes bittorrent, it should include everything from email to webservers, but thats what the rules say…

Please read the rules

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. **THIS INCLUDES THE DISCUSSION OF WAREZ, FILE-SHARING PROGRAMS, CRACKING, AND ANY OTHER WAY OF STEALING SOFTWARE OR ANY OTHER COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL.

**This thread will now be closed.