Blah....the competition

Posted by Sean Kim, Student on team #115 from Monta Vista High School.

Posted on 4/26/99 11:46 PM MST

Blah! It’s me again!

I just wanted to say everything I wanted to say before I forget.
What did you guys think about the competition starting at, basically, 7am and lasting for, about, 14 hours. After the very first day, our team just went dead. half the team lost their voices. Other quater got sick. This was very tiring as much as fun. From the second day, it was hard to find the space for the robot in the pit area among all the team members who were sleeping(hehe) or moaning(muha).

Getting back to school on Monday, half the team skipped school. (I didn’t. = ) )

And what’s up with this 9 pm thing! Can’t go anywhere!
Although it was nicer to watch the games at night because the sun was gone, that’s was about from 7 pm to 9 pm. I think it’s time for the FIRST to extend the competition one day longer. (getting more costly?)

blah from kison

Posted by Andrew Trax, Coach on team #180, S.P.A.M., from Southfork,Martin Co. High and UTC.

Posted on 4/27/99 3:35 AM MST

In Reply to: Blah…the competition posted by Sean Kim on 4/26/99 11:46 PM MST:

It was probably a logistics thing. We all wanted more than the rumored 4 matches
so we went into overtime.

: Blah! It’s me again!

: I just wanted to say everything I wanted to say before I forget.
: What did you guys think about the competition starting at, basically, 7am and lasting for, about, 14 hours. After the very first day, our team just went dead. half the team lost their voices. Other quater got sick. This was very tiring as much as fun. From the second day, it was hard to find the space for the robot in the pit area among all the team members who were sleeping(hehe) or moaning(muha).

: Getting back to school on Monday, half the team skipped school. (I didn’t. = ) )

: And what’s up with this 9 pm thing! Can’t go anywhere!
: Although it was nicer to watch the games at night because the sun was gone, that’s was about from 7 pm to 9 pm. I think it’s time for the FIRST to extend the competition one day longer. (getting more costly?)

:
: blah from kison
: ----------