Bleacher Mounted Scouting Table

Wait until AndyMark fabricates it full of Fuel. That could hold ≈ 13,517 pieces of Fuel. Could be a great pit prank.

5 Likes

That looks great! I might recommend that to my mentors!

1 Like

Legitimate question, and just curious… For the Indiana teams that do this, and who also attend out-of-state events (i.e. Worlds), what have you done at those events?

1 Like

We dont bring the table to out of state events

Come to the Idaho Regional so you don’t have to! We provide scouting tables WITH ELECTRICITY above the bleachers to the teams who need them. For the other events, we have a few fold up computer tables that work quite well.

2 Likes

This is ridiculous!

1 Like

That particular table I wouldn’t be comfortable being used anywhere in the venue. It blocks egress for anyone sitting either behind or on the other side of it. In the event of an emergency, it would lead to lots of injuries…

That table is literally part of the stands. Often used for basketball scoring. The team went ahead and used it

Also, there is plenty of space behind them that no team is sitting in so clearly it’s not as if they arent allowing teams to be near them. The stands at that event are super spacious as we only have 33 teams here.

2 Likes

I wasn’t specifically pointing you out just the large numbers of tables in the area taking up space.

But to point you out the huge amount of space taken by the numbers behind you is really bad.

I mean, first off, that isnt me or my team. I was just trying to point out that your complaining about a thing that no one else complains about. Did you, specifically really want to sit there? Where did your team have to sit since they “couldn’t” sit there?

When was the last time you sat in thr stands for a while? Are you always volunteering or the like?

Like who are you complaining for? The huge teams that take up tons of room dont complain about it. So why are you?

1 Like

Definitely not even an issue at Bloomington. Keep on scouting scouters.

5 Likes

I liked the team at the top of the bleachers.
Not blocking anyone’s access.
Not interfering with the view from behind them.

Most of all …

Actually using the scouting table for computers and not food!!!

6 Likes

Yeah, as I understand it that was already part of the venue.

@p_h_argo- Can you volunteer to create a “Scouting Table Etiquette Guide: The Do and Do Not’s of the scouting table”? - AKA Food goes under it, not on it.

1 Like

Here Scott found a spot for you

4 Likes

The amount of space taken up by scouting tables in stands where people are sitting still is not as detrimental as the amount of space taken up by canvas chairs in the pits where people are walking and pushing robot carts and trying to work.

4 Likes

People do this?

It’s robotailgating, my friend. I expect to see a George Foreman grill someday.

1 Like

Just missing zip ties

3 Likes

I do have a serious question.
I know people are concerned about taking up space in the stands with tables, But based of this post Your scouts hate scouting and your data is bad: Here's why we are implementing new strategies to make the scouts feel like “Kings or Queens” of our stands. We are activily breaking the the stigma of “Scouting is busy work.”

We bought 8 of https://www.amazon.com/Stadium-Ohuhu-Bleacher-Portable-Shoulder/dp/B01MA1H1JK/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=bleacher+seats+folding&qid=1583937123&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-9
6 for the scouts actively on shift, 1 for the data enter-er, 1 for the scout coach (probably my wife most of the time really since she has the hardest job watching our kiddo during comp)

My Questions is, would this upset anyone since they take up more space than just a person sitting in a stand?

3 Likes